Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Writing Notes and or Letters

It seems that in this day and age the art of writing a note or letter by hand is getting lost in the shuffle of e-mails and blogging. I am as big a culprit as anyone.

My Brother-in-law Paul died on June 22, 2005.

My Pastor, SIL and Minister of Music helped out quite a bit.

My Pastor helped my sister find a crematorium even though she and Paul were not members of our church. Simply because she was my sister, he went above and beyond the call of duty and showed what a true Christian is.
My Minister of Music provided me with the copies of the songs I wanted to borrow and copy myself. She knew I was under stress for worry about my family and had it all copied and situated for me.
And Jean, she really stepped up when I didn't really think I needed anyone to lean on. I thought that it was nice of her to want to come to the memorial for me, but I thought 'I'm not the one who just lost a husband, so I don't have the right to need support'. That was before the memorial service, as soon as I saw her, I knew that I did in fact need her there and it meant a great deal to me to have her there sitting beside me.

They were all there to listen whenever I needed an ear, as were you, my blogging family.

Now I am off to write a personal "Thank You" note to each of them. And I guess that this is my official 'Thank You' to you all who listened to me all those months.

It takes so little effort, yet a written note, to those whom you appreciate, means the world to the ones who receive it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Hugs.. Hugs.. Hugs

7:48 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Martha and Lillie! Martha was there at the beginning and she directed you to me, so in a sense, you were there to help. I love you both, your friendships mean very much to me.m.

7:27 AM  
Blogger M said...

You'll be getting yours in the mail soon. :-)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home