Thursday, July 21, 2005

Good Morning?

Good Morning? - July 21, 2005

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." Mark 1:35 (NIV)
I'd like to begin this "thought for the day" with a little poem: I was up before dawn,Took a prayer walk after a storm,Saw a man pull out of his driveway,With his cell earphone on. Oh well, its not much of a poem is it? But, the story continues. I wondered that beautiful weekday morning, "who could that man possibly be talking to so early in the day?" Was it his lawyer, his jogging buddy or maybe his assistant back at work? Or, maybe he saw something dreadful in the news about the stock market and he was connecting with his broker for advice. And then I wondered, "has he spoken to the most important person of all yet this morning: God?" Many a day, we just jump out of bed (or roll out depending on whether you are a morning person or not) and get ready to do whatever our calendars say we should be doing. Maybe it's a workday and you're already running dreadfully late. Or, perhaps we're reveling in the sweet relief of a lazy Saturday morning with not a thing planned! Either way, we should consider how we start each day and that annoying thing called our "day timer". Never forget, God is our ultimate day timer each day. He plans out each of our days and every detail that goes into them. He knows the people you are going to meet, the words you are going to say and He notices the time spent away from Him. He knows when you are feeling great and when you are hurting. So why not ask Him to order your day each morning? Let Him prioritize your calendar and guide you to obey His schedule. When you opened your eyes this morning, did you welcome the idea that Jesus had been watching over you all night long and that His angels were posted at your bedside? Did you thank Him for the breaths you filled your lungs with as you awoke? Did you praise Him for a refreshing night's sleep, filled with sweet dreams dancing in your head? How about when the first ray of sunlight crept into your window? Did you turn over in disgust that it was morning, or welcome the beauty of the sunrise? How awesome God is to provide a welcome sign each day as a reminder of the intricacy of His mighty power. He shows us His love every minute of every day through blessing upon blessing. When you arise each morning, may you ask God to order your day! Be sure to claim every word you say in prayer to your Almighty Father and open your eyes to see His magnificent handiwork in all things. Unlike the man in the beginning of this story, we don't need a phone or headset to call upon our Lord. Contributed by Diane Check.

I must admit that in the mornings after staying up late reading or blogging, that i do not greet my Creators "glorious signs" of a new day or hope in a nice manner. I'm usually the person that grunts and rolls over as to not face the sun, hoping for that extra moment of sleep before the boy comes in with his customary, "Good Morning, Momma!" smiling all the while with a sweet look on his face. I will endevour to do better to greet the day in a more positive manner. We'll see how it goes, It's a training process. I was going to say "learning", but I already know how to do it. I just need to get myself used to doing it. Thus the "training". Love to you all! m.

6 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

How sweet and true mhn!!

A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul!
LoL

8:11 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

I can't abide people who leap out of bed giving it all the 'hello birds, hello trees, hello sky' thing.
I am not a morning person. It takes a good dose of caffeine and nicotine before my homo-sap overcomes my cro-magnon.

2:58 PM  
Blogger M said...

If it were up to me morning would start at 10am. I'm a mid-morning gal myself. I don't like to have anything, like food or drink until lunchtime, unless I actually wake up hungry. Which doesn't happen very often.

These days, I'd just like to take a vacation(or some asylum time) and sleep as late and as much as I wanted to for a month. Then I might just catch up on that "post-baby loss of sleep" thing. Then the brain and the attitude would be much, much better.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

Well, for a person like you whose faith is obviously important to them, I'm sure that's enough. So long as you're true to your faith when you're conscious, that's more important than getting it over and done with at the start of the day.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

I always feel like I'm close to death in the morning... takes me hours to even approach feeling normal.

This is the only time of the day I feel okay - late at night, everyone asleep... alone in a darkened room.

Hmm... that can't be good. Lovely bit of verse. Is that from the Bible (I'm guessing, never read it)

6:06 PM  
Blogger M said...

The first sentence in quotation marks is from the bible. Is that what you meant? "Lovely bit of verse."

There is actually some beautiful poetry in the bible. I only discovered it in the last few years. I'll have to look it up and send it to you, if you are interested.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home