Sunday, July 17, 2005

Last Night

Last night was so much fun! Dave and I went to Niko-Niko's Greek Restaurant for dinner. He's been wanting to try it out for YEARS, but I've always been too chicken. I'm always afraid that I'll get to a new place and not find anything on the menu that I'll eat. I was driving by there on an errand for my MIL and noticed that they had a website. Anyway, I checked out the menu and it looked interesting and not too pricey. So for Dave's birthday, he got to experience some food he'd been longing for and the food was deelish!!! :-)

After dinner, we went to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". It was really good in a weird Johnny Depp and Tim Burton sort of way. We loved it. Of course, Danny Elfman did the music. We've loved Danny Elfman ever since we heard of him. He fronted the band Oingo-Boingo. Great stuff!!! The man is a musical genius!! He has done the music for all of Tim Burton's films. Batman, Nightmare Before Christmas, (I think) Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ad the new stop motion film he's working on called "The Corpse Bride". The Corpse Bride looks pretty good. It has Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in it. Anyway, the flick was a good one. You can not compare the two (the old one and the new). They are two distinctly different movies and both worthy of their own praise.

After the movie, we were both craving chocolate. BIG SURPRISE! So we mossied on down to
Katz's Deli in the Montrose area and got dessert. Dave ordered a Chocolate Eruption Cake and coffee. I ordered Death by Chocolate and a hot cocoa + a glass of water. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and brought some of each dessert home to share with the boy. Haven't done that yet, Owen is being a pill. No rewards until he acts like a human...

Anyway, we had a lovely time.

9 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Well then, I guess I'll just have to finish off that piece of cake without him this time. :-) He's asleep now, so he'll never know the difference. I know, mean old mommie. :-)

7:30 PM  
Blogger M said...

Not really. He's trying to exert his independence and he's being really loud about it. Consequently, he's spending quite a bit of time in his room, which he hates. He's a very social person, so he'd rather be with us. Sending him to his room in a pretty effective punishment, more so than a spanking.

7:22 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Sounds like a lovely evening..glad you enjoyed it :o)

9:27 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! A successful date! I'm so jealous....

5:36 PM  
Blogger M said...

As well you should be!! j/k :-) We really did have anice time. :-)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

aasmodeus said...
According to my Handbook for Children, acting human is in chapter 7, which means after year eight.
They lied.

I know it does't seem like much (dinner and a movie) but we sure do appreciate those times too (for us they are few and far between). Glad you had a great time, and I am jealous as I've been wanting to see that, but we'll wait for video I guess. Is it child friendly? Or is it like Willy Wonka the drug induced crazy, psychadellic weirdness. Wouldn't want the kids to see that side of em.

8:20 AM  
Blogger M said...

:-)

I wouldn't take a young child, say under the age of 7 or 8. If they are old enough to read and understand the book, then they could handle the movie.

8:38 AM  
Blogger M said...

Mine too, but they are apples and oranges in my opinion.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home