Friday, July 15, 2005

It's Disheartening and Slightly Alarming

I have read lately posts that worry me abit. Well, enough to not respond on other blogs, but to put it here on mine.

I truly believe that everyone has a right to their opinion. I would not want my right to my own opinion taken away from me. With that said... It alarms me that through the anger and grief of the London bombings comes this feeling that only certain lives are viable and therefore only those lives are worthy of a moment of silence.

Every life is precious. EVERY ONE! From the innocent baby all the way to the crusty old guy, sitting there bitching on the corner.

Are we all not created by the Divine? When we are cut, do we all not bleed red blood? When we are hurt we cry, or lash out. When we are happy, we laugh or show joy.

Some people complain about those who don't work and make the "rest of us" pay for their life styles through the social system. I don't like that either, in fact I have a real problem with that. But it does not make those lives any less precious in the eyes of our Creator.

It cuts me to the bone to think that if I was one of those who needed some help that I would fall into the category of a "useless bastard" and should be done away with.

It's the same type of mentality that the terrorists use when they justify killing innocents. It's frightening to me that we could fall into that way of thinking so easily.

It seems so silly to suggest that we "rise above it". But that is exactly what we need to do. Rise above it. Show those bullies that WE WILL NOT SINK TO THEIR LEVEL!

We have to find a constructive way to work through this tragedy of war and find a way, in our own way, to help; whether it be by prayer, or sending letters to your officials, packing relief packages to those who are injured, or whatever you can think of that will be a positive influence in those persons lives and the lives of those a round you.

It will seem like a very small thing for you to do, but it may well have great impact. Please remember that all life is precious. I love you all, no matter what. m.

12 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Though I don't follow a religion, I think I'm far closer to your way of thinking than I am to some other bloggers, and I share your concerns. I wish you love, and peace. :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. I think you and I are kindred spirits. I've read your blog and most of the time you take the words right out of my mouth. Peace and love to you and those you love.

12:46 PM  
Blogger M said...

Pardon me, "to those whom you love." :-) better grammar?? [g]

12:48 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Hugs Girl... I am praying that maybe what you have been reading is just a vent. A place to cool off and not one's rational thinking?

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

1:51 PM  
Blogger M said...

Let's hope so.

2:12 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Lillie. I'm sure they were just venting. It just made me a bit wary at the time. I sat on this post for alomest 24 hours before I posted it.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

You wouldn't have those sentiments if you knew my neighbours! (wink)

There's a difference between being pissed off at paying for the existence of useless lazy bastards who won't work when there's nothing wrong with them and wanting them dead. Although I must admit it's a very fine line.

5:42 AM  
Blogger M said...

I totally get that. My sister "rode" the system for a while when she was doing drugs. As Dave just said, "5 years in the clink took care of that situation."

9:22 AM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Was it something I said? Was it?

Actually, I've spent the last couple of days screaming at the radio and tv.

Particularly today - the news that 93 were killed in a petrol tanker bombing in Iraq made me feel sickened - but I was more angry when it was only the headline story for an hour, before being replaced again by ANOTHER follow up to the london bombings.

Approximately 800 civilians die each month in Iraq. Can you imagine if that was happening here or in your country.

You are absolutely right about how it often appears on blogs or in the media that only certain lives are viable and therefore only those lives are worthy of a moment of silence.

I had some friends up at the weekend (partly why I have been so quiet) and I was continually arguing this point.

Lovely post as always. Bless you (and I ain't even a christian)

5:35 PM  
Blogger M said...

The images that kept playing over and over in my head were of the 9-11 plane crashings and people jumping to their deaths from 100 floors or so up. They kept showing it over and over and over. Each time I kept yelling at the TV, No! Stop that, don't keep showing that!!!!" It still makes me cry everytime I think of it.

It's all senseless, this killing. But, I also know that if someone came into my house and killed my family, I'd be out for BLOOD!!!!!!! Just as the persons on the planes and in the buildings had no connection to any war that the terrorists were waging, my family would have been innocents as well. You can't take that kind of show of aggression from anybody. It was well past time to kick their butts. It's not going as easily as we thought, but the enemy is sneeky. I'm just sorry that innocents are still getting hurt and killed. That cuts me to the core.

You have a good heart in you Herge, make no mistake. And Bless You as well my kind sir. m.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

You make a valid point. I don't know, but I assume on some level, those bloggers that you've mentioned are just venting frustrations and are on some level or another joking. Perhaps it's a tasteless form of joke, but I think they don't really mean what they say. Just a guess. Too bad we couldn't be more like you and express ourselves the way we'd like to - honestly and real.

8:30 AM  
Blogger M said...

Yeah, I know. It just caught me in a wrong way.
For David and me, we waited 10 years before we had Owen. We wanted to be self-sufficient before we brought another life in this world.
When we were ready, we found out that I had stage 3 uteran cancer. So for medical reasons, they told me not to get pregnant. That was in 1997.
Now Owen is 4 1/2 and we've been trying for another baby for 2 years and nothing has happened. I'm 36 and am afraid we waited too long.
That's partly where my head was when I wrote that post.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home