Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sharing With Those on the Net...

It's interesting. I share more of my personal private thoughts with people I've never met, than with my own family. They have no idea who I am anymore. I've changed drastically from the person I was to the person I am now. For the better I hope.

I know that unless severely provoked, I'm not the "hot head" I used to be. I don"t get near as upset over the little things as I used to. Now don't misunderstand me, I still get pissed, but not to the extent that I used to.

There are things that have gone posted on this and other blogs that would shock my family and friends. Sometimes it's extremely conservative views on certain matters and pretty forward thoughts on others. Again, that's just who I am. Either way, I'm passionate on all accounts. I think that might be the only way to live. Well, the only way for me to live anyway. :-)

I know some rather personal things about others on the blogosphere that even their own families don't know. We feel comfortable sharing these things about ourselves because of a certain amount of anonymity. It's a powerful feeling. Kind of like Batman or Superman. As long as your identity is secret, then you can do or say anything! Ha!

We have a kind of camaraderie in our openness with each other. It's new and exciting, like a new relationship, and never ending because of the plethora of blogs out there. One blog, leads to another and so on, and so on, etc. Everybody has their own thoughts and feelings on certain subjects, some might call it their own personal "baggage". I say, if it's on your heart, then let it rip baby! You've got to get this stuff out of your head. I kept all kinds of things to myself and all I got from it was major depression, 100 pounds of extra weight and stage 3 cancer of the cervix. It ain't good to hold all that "crap" in.

These blogs allow us to cleanse our systems from all the toxins life throws at us. Now, on occasion, we find truly wonderful people who take you at face value and love you anyway. That's the blessing of the blogosphere. I must admit, I'm hooked! I love all those I've visited. I think they are fabulous people. Some share my values, some don't, I love them just the same! Keep blogging folks! I'll keep reading!

Till next time. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You said it sista!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

I could have written this blog!!!

Sometimes you scare me by writing what's in my head but that I am unable to find words for!

Thanks!

9:04 PM  
Blogger M said...

my pleasure. It's nice to know that I'm not too far off in my thinking. Being a stay-at-home mom. people who work out of the house tend to think we have no idea of what the world is like. I think we have just as good an idea as anybody else. We are totally immersed in reality. Staying with the kids 24/7, we are simply soaked in daily life. I could go on fortever, but I won't. :-)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home