Friday, June 17, 2005

Funding Being cut for Ready to Learn PBS, What no more Big Bird????

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine in N.O.,LA.

Please call your law makers! Even if you don't have kids, someday you may wish that Big Bird, Oscar, the Count and Grover were still around.

http://www.wyes.org/federal%20funding%20help.html

I don't know if any of you saw the information on WYES (the New Orleans Public Broadcasting station) this morning after Sesame Street. Congress is getting ready to vote (approximately on Wednesday, June 22nd) on a bill that would cut funding for PBS by 45%, mainly getting rid of the Ready to Learn funding which funds such shows as Sesame Street.

I don't know about any of ya'll but William and Henry love Sesame Street and I feel that it is a program that I can let them watch and know that there will be nothing for me to be concerned about and that they are learning. This is a show that has been on for over 35 years and is something that I grew up on, I would hate to see programs like this cut.

If you want to voice your opinion you can call your congressman. Just go to http://www.wyes.org/federal%20funding%20help.html and there is a page that explains what is going on and the number to your Congressman.

I contacted Bobby Jindal's office in DC and spoke with Nicole regarding the upcoming vote, not only was she polite but she took down my information and said that my concerned was recorded and thank you for calling.

I am not into chain mails, and I am not going to ask you to forward this to everyone in your address book, but if you would please all your representative, Henry and William would thank you!

Hope that y'all are having a safe and wonderful summer, hope to see you soon!

Mia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home