Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Today completely SUCKS!

Sorry to use such strong language, but that's just how I feel. Did I get this forum confused or what? Aren't you supposed to put your thoughts and feelings down here as a form of release?

Today started out ok. Dave was home because his boss asked him to work 3pm-11pm. Great, we got to sleep till 7am, play with the boy, chill out together, it was great. Dave had an appointment with the English Advisor at U of H, got the game plan down for the next 5 years. Then he came back and went to work.

Everything went to crap right about that time. My mom leaves a message on my phone accusing me of stealing the silver that she gave me almost 10 YEARS ago!

Now to give some back history, my mom hasn't been with it mentally for the past 6-7 years. We all make concessions for her, but it still hurts like hell when she accuses you of stealing from her. She expects a call back and I'm not gonna do it.

The last time she accused me of taking the silver I called her back and she didn't even remember that it was out of the house, much less remembering that she called and accused me of taking it. It's not going to do any good to call and she's just gonna get upset because I'll have to tell her that I didn't steal it.

I don't steal stuff damn it! I don't have to, that's what credit cards are for!!!!! If you want something bad enough, just go buy it. That's why the house is full of stuff and we have credit card debt. I'm not complaining, I'm taking responsibility for my actions. Wow, what a concept!

So anyway, instead of calling mom, I tried to call Dave to ask him what I should do. I wanted to call Dad, but she always answers the phone. Not gonna chance that... I couldn't get a hold of Dave, so I called my sister Karen. I hated to bug her, but I knew she'd understand. Mom has accused her of stealing too. Back in the day Karen did drugs and stole to support her habit, but not everything mom accused her of stealing was true.***side note: Karen is clean now and I'm really proud for her!!*** She just suggested that I give it back to her and I'd get it back when mom dies.

In that moment, I could not care if I ever saw the dust catching box ever again! It's a good thing I live an hour and a half away from my parents, because I was so mad that I wanted to dump everything she'd ever given me during my entire lifetime, including the Cinderella watch she bought me when I learned how to tell time, on her front porch and say, "Fine, here's all your crap! I don't have room in my house for it anyway!!!!". Well, Karen talked me down and that helped a lot. I did get a hold of Dave. It always helps to talk to Dave.

Then, after the storm was over (it rained pretty hard today.), I turned the computer back on and I receive an e-mail from a church acquaintance. She's quite offended by my political and general thoughts that I posted on my blog. I apologized for offending her.

No one person in particular, other than Hollywood and the media in general, was in my thoughts when I wrote that post. I can't help the way I feel or what is on my heart. If my political beliefs offend anyone, so sorry. You don't have to agree with me. You don't have to like what is on this blog. These are my opinions, not anyone else's. Just like you get to have your opinions, I get to have mine, whether anyone likes them or not.

Frankly, I have other things on my mind, bigger things, like how are my niece and other sister going to handle Paul's death and everything that comes with it? How are we gonna make the bills over the next few months until I can get some more students? How am I going to get all this blasted laundry done and still give Owen the time he needs?

If something crosses my mind and I feel strongly enough to write a post about it, then I will. I don't expect to change anyone's point of view. I don't even expect it to be read. I sure didn't expect to get so much grief over the thoughts that I transcribed from my head to this blog. Geeze! Give a girl a break!

BTW: I'm not the only one on the blogosphere that thinks the way I do. Take a look around. I did, that's how I found these other blogs; and as soon as I figure out how to blogroll, they'll be on my blog and you can click on them to read them. That is, if you want to...

I hope this post doesn't offend, but if you can't handle honest feelings, then maybe my blog isn't for you.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... Self-Censorship is a wonderful thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

LOL.... reaching up a hand to help you climb off the soap box girl! Big Hugs! This is YOUR journal and you honestly can write whatever you want here.

9:13 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks!

9:49 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep. :-) Frankly it does stink being an adult, but I wish I could be a kid without living in my mom's house again. Also, I know that my main readers are nice Christian ladies and I don't want to offend them by using harsh language, but as you read, I was having a really crappy day yesterday. Thanks for the visit!! :-)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home