Monday, June 13, 2005

I had a question of clarification on the last post

Here is the question and my answer.

you have a post on your blog that I don't really understand...
is it a commentary of your personal beliefs on the email written?
Are you suggesting that Christians all think alike?
separated by income? higher income different beliefs?


Yes, it's a commentary on the email.

No, I don't think all Christians should think alike. I do think we should stand up for what we do believe in (not let the media or Hollywood speak for us). It's not the popular thing to do, but it just might be the right thing to do.

I personally think that where one is financially, has great bearing on how one prioritizes things in their life (God/church, politics, family, etc.). I have observed that even when Dave & I were making more money than we are now, that our priorities were of a more lofty nature; we were concerned about "the world", "How can we help "the world"?. Now we've had to narrow things and make sure that our child is a good person so that he will be a productive citizen and contribute to the world and not just take from the world.

Not that those who make more money than we do, take from the world, it's just with more expendable income, you can put your money towards other things/charities. Whereas, we have to keep what little we have to feed the boy; and teach him to give his time, then someday, when he has it, his money.

I don't think we should put on sheets and start riots because someone is a different nationality or gay (KKK was in Tomball this weekend). Personally, I think that there is no place for that behavior in a civilized society.

I do think that if you have a problem with a certain lifestyle you should use your right to self censorship, but it's pretty tough to censor yourself when certain lifestyle choices of others, persons known to you or strangers, are being crammed down your throat. It's a fine line and mostly subjective. I think that's why most people just stay quiet, they don't want to make waves or offend others. For me, it's not the people; it's the activity. I have several friends and a cousin who is a homosexual and several family members who are or used to live what I call the "Jerry Springer" lifestyle. I didn't stop loving them, but I am sad for them because the lifestyle they are living will eventually cause them additional pain, because they are not in the mainstream. As you know, humans can be very mean to each other.

I know that just like you can't choose the color of your skin or where you were born, you can't choose to be gay. You're just born that way. My mom calls it a dirty trick of Mother Nature. I agree with her. We all, as Christians, need to love our fellow brothers and sisters where they are at in life.

We also need to be the "silent" majority no more. I'm not saying that we should scream it from the top of the Williams Tower, but if someone asks you what you think, don't lie and say you think it's ok, when you don't.

We also, need to vote our beliefs. If the representative is no longer representing us, then we need to vote the person out of office and make known to them why. Pastor Bauer has talked about that in Sunday School several times, even though he doesn't like to get "political".

I think that if we make our beliefs known in a loving manner and why we believe the way we do, then that will be much more effective in the long run. Thanks for asking for the clarification. If you don't mind, I'd like to post your question and my answer on the blog. Thanks Evangeline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home