Monday, May 30, 2005

Put On A Face

I don't know if this is the "Southern " way or just my mom's way, but whenever she was asked by anyone, friends, family, etc., "How are you doing?" she'd always reply, "Fine, and you?"

She always taught us girls that people are just being polite when they ask, they don't really want to know how your doing, and for goodness sakes don't tell them if you are not doing well, they don't want to hear it.

So I've spent the last 33-34 years of my life, putting on a happy face no matter if I am or not. Everything is always going well for Michelle! Not!!! (not that bad, but seldom perfect. That's ok too.)

It's only been in the last year that I've learned to let my guard down enough to let other people into my life. This has made my life so much richer. My friends really do want to know how I'm doing, so they will know what to pray for in regards to me and my family. I am much more relaxed than I used to be. Constantly having to put up a front is exhausting!

So occasionally, let your friends in. You might be pleasantly surprised. Love to you all! m.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Curious.. did your Mom grow up in TX? My Mother In Law is from Big Springs and her Mom still lives in Fort Worth. They are BOTH the same way. It wasn't until a few years ago (she's 80) that she began to relax and now realizes how much life she missed out on! Good for you.. for catching on quicker! Cheers to many deep wonderful, Christ filled friendships ahead!

3:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

Born and raised in McAllen, TX. Perhaps it's the tough Texas exterior thing, but her parents families were from Missouri and Canada.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home