Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Time

Time is something we all want and never seem to have enough of. Some people have less than others.

I received a text message from my sister this morning. Her husband is dying from complications from diabetes. He's been very sick for quite some time now. He is in end stage renal failure.

Her message stated that he was supposed to be put in hospice and given 2 types of morphine to help with the pain. Of course, the insurance won't pay for hospice, but Kathey (my sister) was able to get them to pay for the morphine. She's so strong. Their family has been dealing with this for awhile, so they have peace about it. They've said their good-byes and are just getting through everyday life now, just waiting.

It's tough for me to watch on the sidelines, not being able to take a more active role in helping. We are too far away for daily help, but we open our house to them whenever they have to come to Houston to see the doctors. I always try to have a home cooked meal for them when they come. Seems silly, but it's something I can do.

Dave and I are learning songs to sing and play at the memorial service, when the time comes. We plan to sing them for Paul and Kathey while he's still with us. We most likely will do that this weekend.

Meanwhile, the clock keeps ticking and we wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home