Friday, May 13, 2005

Things are Moving Fast Around Here

It seems like in the past 3 or 4 days, things have been moving really fast around here.

My husband and I have been making some major decisions about our lives and it seems to be in motion.

Wednesday night I went to see my voice student and her sister in a talent show. They were very cute and quite good. Their mom introduced me to some of the parents and has persuaded me to apply for the position of choir director at their elementary school. I think it would be a good fit.

Our aunt, who is in Human Resources, is coming over to help me with my resume. It almost feels like it's a done deal.

I'm having some conflicted emotions about getting a job, even though it will be a part-time gig. I feel like I'm abandoning Owen (4 year old son). He's getting so much more independent. I'm sure he could use a break from Mommy. The Lord knows I could use a break too, and well, we need the money.

It would be nice to help supplement the household income. Then Dave could cover all the bills, and I could buy groceries. We might even whittle down those blasted credit cards.

Dave also wants me to go back to school and finish my degree. I have an associates degree in Sociology. So it probably wouldn't take much to finish.

Again, it comes back to the money. You don't make enough money to go back to school and the only way to make enough money to pay for everything is to go back to school. It's a vicious cycle.

I feel like I'm in a whirlwind and I can't get out.

I think these things are happening for a reason. I'm sure God wants me to get out of the house a bit and build His Kingdom outside of my home. Oh well, I will just have to pray for some calm assurance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're sweating bullets and you haven't even gotten the job yet. :) I've said a little prayer for you that you get your guidance. The Lord is always guiding us but we sure like the blinders off most of the time!

9:19 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Mollo. I needed that. :-D

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home