Thursday, April 28, 2005

My Sis-in-law

My husbands' brothers' wife is in France as we speak/write. Oooh, I wish I was with her! We could really paint the town red or "rouge" as the Parisians parlez! :-) I am so happy for her to be able to see the world, and on the company dime, no less. This has been a great eye opener for her.

Eventhough, she is in metropolitan areas, she's able to see just how different we have it here in America. Things like having ice in your glass are taken for granted here and is just not done in Europe or other continents.

We Americans are spoiled with the tiny things; ice, clean running water, refrigeration, indoor pluming, etc. I love these things, would not live without them.

Although, I would enjoy visiting these other places, I'm not all that sure I'd want to live there. Not unless I just totally fell in love with the people and culture, which knowing how freely I give my heart; might just happen.

I really love living around the block from my husbands parents, though. It's a neat thing to see them 2 or 3 times a week and my son being able to see his grandparents, basically whenever he wants to, without having to make a special trip out of it. That's the main reason why I would not want to move from here, family.

Well, Jean should be back soon, then she can tell us all about her trip, show us the pictures and we can ooh and aah & wish we were there. She can un-pack her adjectives and tell us her tale.
:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home