Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What You Listen to; Says a lot About You

I have recently read an article posted by Mark Mumford. He writes for the SanFrancisco Gazette. He is an extremely liberal writer.

One of his columns was Jesus' Ipod. What do you think would be on Jesus Ipod song list. People came up with all kinds of stuff, Judas Priets, Anthrax, all kinds of hard core metal & gansta rap, a lot of it really offensive, some of it silly & some of it right on.

That started me thinking about what I have on MY Ipod. We've recently had to replace our old PC and CHOSE an IMac G5. Then, my husband got me an Ipod mini for my b-day. We've been putting our CD's on the computer and making mix CD's and song lists for our own use. I was sitting in my cross stitch corner, listening to my music and stitching away when I heard a song on my list that I hadn't listened to in years, SEX by Berlin. I was rather shocked by the content, although I had used to listen to it frequently back in the "day", and I didn't turn it off or skip it. I just let it play out.

Then I started to think of how that song made me feel while listening to it. Not all that great, kind of dirty, not in an attractive way, the next time it came up on random, I skipped it. I will probably delete it when I have it on and am thinking about it. "Self" censorship is a wonderful thing!! :-)

I guess I've changed a lot since having my son. I've been involved in bible study and wanting to do more of what God wants me to do. Most days I do ok, there are others in which I need all the help that my Lord Jesus Christ can spare for this miserable sinner.

I'm always reminded when I read articles of this nature; of when our Pastor talks about being "in" the world, not being "of" the world. Know what is out there, be aware of your world. Also, know the "real truth", God's Word. Know that the only way into heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ our risen, living, savior! We are "saved by grace, through our faith in Jesus Christ. There is no substitute.

Eph 2 :8-9 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Most of the other world religions are works righteous. Be a good person and do no evil and you will get into heaven. Works, good works, are a fruit of the Holy Spirit, living in you, put there by God, in your baptism. God can not work through you unless you have accepted him and His Son a the sacrifice for your sins. His grace is a gift: "God's Riches At Christs' Expense".

We can do nothing worthy enough to earn this wonderful gift given to us by Our Father. He loves us so much, and I feel wholly unworthy of His love, but that's what is so miraculous about this whole thing, I don't have to be worthy in my eyes to accept this gift. I just have to accept it and it's mine. It is yours too, if you will just believe. God wants His Creation, His Children, to come home and have a personal relationship with Him.

He gave us free will, so that we will come to Him freely, not by subjugation, but from love to return to our Father, and let Him love us as He intended. Anything we do that is good, is done because of the love and freedom we feel in our hearts.

People always wonder why this or that person seems so happy; for me it is the freedom to do what I know is right and not having to worry what other people think of me. It is the most wonderful feeling in the world. I feel like I'm flying, soaring like the eagles, high above the clouds. I pray for you to have that feeling too.

So be aware of what you feed your brain; for most assuredly, that is what will spill forth from your lips.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most startling discoveries I made as an adult was just how horrible a mouse Jerry is! Now I side with Tom all the time. :) And dang it, just give that rabbit some trix!!!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home