Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Love Martha Stewart!

Ok, so get all "jacked". I LOVE MARTHA STEWART! Go ahead and make fun of me. I don't care. I just started watching her new show Martha on weekday mornings and I remembered just how much I loved her and her show. Owen and I used to watch her other show religiously.

Now, she's selling these
ponchos and the proceeds go to the relief efforts of not only Hurricane Katrina, but Hurricane Rita as well. She's the only celebrity that I've heard of raising money for the Rita victims. Good on ya, Martha!!!

So I say thanks to Martha Stewart for remembering that other hurricanes come around besides cat 4's and they cause just as much destruction for those places that are hit as the bigger storms. When you lose your home it doesn't matter if it's the "Storm of the Century" or a Tropical Depression; you still have lost it all. So thanks again, Martha! You Rock!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

hmmm, never watched her.

10:43 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I like her too, I've been accused of being like her (b/s!)

That is very generous of her! :)

I hope I look half as good as she does when I am in my 60's dang!

11:43 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ro~ yeah, you work during the day. That's when she's on. her website is pretty useful for recipes & techniques.

Tam~ Is she really in her 60's? I'm with ya...DANG! She does look good. Camp Cupcake must have agreed with her, she seems nicer and looks thinner, by about 30 pounds.

11:48 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

Wasn't she imprisoned for fraud?
She doesn't have much of a profile over here, but she seems like the US version of our dear Delia Smith.

1:35 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yes, but at least she served her time and didn't try to get passed her transgressions via a lawyer. :-)

Is Delia Smith the one you guys are so hot for?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

No, it's Nigella who we're all hot on!

Don't really know who Martha is, except that she was in the slammer. Wonder if she's got any interesting stories from her time inside???

3:23 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Delia is a bit of a dominitrax, but she showed us how to boil an egg. Which is useful.

5:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

I think that it is from the stories that she heard from "inside" that changed her attitude from one of entitlement to one of humility.

Learning to boil an egg is quite useful, having only just recently learned to do it myself without calling the MIL. :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger M said...

Just looked up Delia Smith, yep she's the Martha of the UK, but without the housewares, paint, bedding and bath line to sell, not to mention the magazines and tv shows. The woman has her fingers in everybody's pies.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

I still love Nigella though

2:53 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep, the Enron guys should have been hung upside down by their toenails.

I'll have to look up Nigella. I have a feeling she's alot like Giada de Laurentis from the Food Network. I like her and her recipes are fantastic!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home