Monday, September 19, 2005

Hallo All!

Je suis Michelle et j'ai tres, tres occupe! Not sure that after 17 -18 years of having not used French on a daily basis that that phrase is correct, but you never know till you give it a go!

I have indeed been quite busy as of late, but didn't realise it until my dear friend Herge sought to check on the Dreamer. Thanks Dahling!

Choir season has started. So that means that the "Slacker" season is over!! The running joke in choir is, "Are we singing this week?" and the answer is, "Is it Sunday?" We sing two weeks out of the month both services and on Festival Sundays & during advent & lent, plus we rehearse on Thursday evenings. Yes indeed, Slacker Season is over. We do it because we love to sing & want to Glorify the one who gave us our talents. :-)

Owen has also started preschool. He is on his third day & the teacher has already pulled me aside to "discuss" Owen's "listening" issues. Apparently, the kid has a hard time staying with his class and got into the snack, that was just laying on the counter, because he was hungry. Of course I spoke to him right there and on the way home and all damn day today. They use stickers as rewards for good behavior. He has no clue what that means. We use "self-satisfaction for a job well done" at our house, not stickers. Stickers mean squat around here, but now I guess they will have to find a meaning in this house or at least at Pre-School. I told him to do his best to get a sticker tomorrow and he said that he would. I also told him that if he couldn't behave that they might ask him not to come back. Unbeknownst to me, so did Dave. Guess he got double teamed today. Poor Baby, catching it coming and going. No rest for the weary.

Speaking of weary, today I fell asleep with a baby in my arms. Didn't mean to, it just happened. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Owen woke me up by asking me a question. Kenny & I were snoozin'. It was nice though, later in the day, all three of us were sharing the "Big Green Chair". That was why we bought that furniture set, because of the chair. It looked like a nice "Read to Your Child" chair, really big. It's lovely, as is the rest of the set. :-)

So anyway, this is a small part of what's been going on in the last few days. I'll try to get back on the daily blogging. Having issues with my mom that has me in a weird place. Not good, just trying to maintain. Hopefully, I'll get it together soon. May have to seek professional advice. Love to you all. m.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

wow, you need to slow down i think! welcomem back anyway

8:29 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Mhn-Boys do have a time listening.

They used stickers with my Twins also. But we came up with our own value system..."you get __ amount of stickers this week and we will take you to get an icecream cone, or to the movie".

Now that they are in third grade they use tokens, which they can redeem for stuff or to eat lunch with the teacher (which my kid chose)or go without shoes in the class (chose this too), no homework for a week. Now we reward them on report cards instead of on a weekly basis. Small children need short term goals.

About your issue with your mom, I understand and I am asking the Lord to guide you and her with this problem. Love Ya :O)

8:29 AM  
Blogger M said...

Toothfairy~ Thanks for the update. Will be over there soon! :-)

Tam & Ro~
Things are just getting warmed up over here with the "busy"ness.

Hopefully, things will even out with Owen. Even though it's something he needs to work on, I kinda feel that they need to be dilligent as well, don't leave the bags of snack on the counter for the kids to reach them, put it away when you are finished with snack. I used to work daycare for 7 1/2-8 years. We never left the snack out where the kids could get to it. I think it is remarkable that a kid hasn't "snuck snack" before. Unfortunately, it was my kid... At least he is self sufficient (always trying to put a positive spin on things. :-)). We did tell O that if he could get a months worth of stickers he could have a party in the back yard with balloons. It was something he said he wanted to do at lunch yesterday. We'll see how it goes. We'll have to give him interum praise and special things while he accumulates the stickers.

I honestly don't know what to do about my mother. I know that she is exhibiting signs of Alzheimers. She's sick, I know this in my head. She is so mean and hateful to me and I've done nothing to derserve this. I don't know if one of my sisters is feeding her head full of crap or if she's having dementia and is acting on it. She accuses me of taking stuff out of her house everytime she can't find something. Her house is a wreck & has been ever since they moved in there. There are piles of things that almost reach the 10 foot ceilings. It's no wonder she can find anything. I refuse to take her abuse anymore and I don't care to ever speak or see her again. She has ignored my son from the time he was born and this cuts me to the quick. You always think that your mom will be there to love your child, but she acts like he doesn't exist. I absolutely hate her for that. I want to see the rest of my family, but have been staying away because I don't want to see mom. I miss my Daddy and sisters and nieces. I just can't be near mom. When she's so mean, I just want to slap her and tell her How dare you treat me this way!(I would never do that, btw) It's not like she & I haven't had this conversation. But of course she either can't remember or chooses not to. I feel so alone in this and none of the other family members will help or take an active part in setting her straight before she does the damage. I feel like I'm going to have to cut myself away from my family for self-preservation and it's killing me.

9:17 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Mhn-I understand feeling alone in the mess and heartache.

My family won't take a stand either, they choose to ignore it, deal with it, tolerate it and accept it! They don't like it either.

Makes me wonder if I should just play the cards I was dealt.

I am like you I wonder what I should do? What would God want me to do? Should I love her in spite of all the damage she does? I mean I do love my Mom dearly, but really I do not like her at all. But what if she was gone? I don't want to carry that guilt and hurt to my grave.

If you find an answer that works for you...please share it with me! Until then lets join in prayer for a solution that is healthy and nuturing for all involved. Lots of Love, :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

Yyaaaaarrrrrrr!!!

I might start using stickers on my family members - to cover their mouths. Or I could have labels for my sister that describe what mood she's in for unsuspecting members of the public.

No therapy or professional help can assist with that enigma that is known as "Momlady" (or "Mumlady" if you're British). You just have to grin and bear it if you can, or stay out of their way for a while if you can't.

Good luck!

Avast ye!

3:28 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Tammy & Tina.

I'm taking everything to heart and will have to get back to you on this. I only realised last year that mom was the one who was so rough with me as a child. i always thought it was my sister just older than me. Kathey told me the truth when I asked. I've been fighting these demons for a while now. I've got so much crap to carry with me & I keep thinking how did poor Dave wind up with such damaged goods like me.

I am staying out of the way until I can wrap my head around all this bullshit and make my heart harden so I won't get so hurt by what she has done and continues to do.

I just thank God that he put my MIL in my life. She's so wonderful & I love her with all my heart. She's my surrogate mom and I'm a fortunate lady.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home