Monday, September 12, 2005

The Doctor Can See You Now

I did indeed take myself and Owen to the doctor today. Owie just went along for the ride.

I got to the office at 10:30am, which was what time my appointment was and was out of there by 10:50am! Dr. N keeps his schedule hoppin'. He doesn't like to make his patients wait long.

I really like going to him. It's like having your dad or favourite older uncle take care of you. I like his accent as well, he's from South Africa. So whenever I see him or Dr. G, I get to hear these lovely accents as well as getting help for whatever I may need which is usually allergy medicine. They give loads of free samples. Dave's parents even go to this doc. They are great over there.

Owen was a dream at the drs office. I was a bit concerned, but the kid came through. It probably helped that we didn't have to stay long. Also, Owen has been behaving much better since I've been watching Kenny. The transformation has been fantastic! No complaints here. Not that there were that many to start with. :-)

So, I'm on this medicine. I have to take one horse pill a day for three days. Not too shabby. It was $30, but I'm already starting to feel better so it has been worth it. Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers! Love to you all!!! m.

8 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

:O) thank you!

I am so glad that you went and are feelin' better, it makes me feel better...lol

2:17 PM  
Blogger M said...

You're such a mom... That's a good thing! love ya lots!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

What's a 'horse pill'? The only horse medicine I've heard of is Ketamine, which is a powerful sedative used in date rape.

2:38 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'll send you the info Ivy.

I don't know if it's a Texas-ism or a Michelle-ism, but a "horse pill" is a pill that is so big that it looks like something you would give a horse and not a human.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

good grl!

12:36 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. I feel much better now.

2:02 PM  
Blogger thordora said...

wow. I can't imagine getting in on TIME...I had an evil moment at my dentist yesterday, which resulted in my storming out and refusing to give them money ever again. Second appt in a row where, for no apparent reason, I end up waiting.

This time was 45 minutes past the appt time, no reason given, nothing said to me. Finally I stood up because I needed to go back to work for a meeting. I have been slowly steaming watching the hygenicist clean while I waited. And waited.

Last time was at least an hour over-and the receptionist has the nerve to be all like "do you have to go to work?"

It's 10:30 on a Wednesday, what the hell do you think...

ARGH...glad you have a good appt!

11:01 AM  
Blogger M said...

When I worked outside of the home I always had my appointments at the end of the work day. My boss insisted on it. She was a really crappy boss. I'm glad I'm not working there anymore.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home