Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Tattoo Process

Well, Dave & I had some time after a poetry reading(that's another post) to look at another tattoo shop. Hot Rod Tattoos was the "shop du noir"(little play on words en Francais!). They had a few designs that were ok & they did a mock up for me. A small butterfly, one colour would cost $120. It's not the price that bugs me, it's the rush. I'm going to have this thing on me FOREVER! I think the apprentice thought that I was going to get it that night even though I told him that I wasn't.

He put the butterfly in a file with my name so that when I'm ready he'll have the info. They were a really nice group of guys & the vibe in the shop was alright. I just don't like being rushed.

I think the next shop we will visit will be Shaw's. They've been in business in Houston since 1979. I have met several people who have had their tatts done there and they are extremely happy with them.

I've been doing my homework "on-line" in regards to the shops. Now all I have to do is visit the shops and look at the portfolios of the artists.

Dave has decided to get one too. We will get ours together. He wants a stylized Scooter! Big Suprise, eh? I'll post pics when we do it, before, during and after!!

6 Comments:

Blogger M said...

That would be really nice. Dave & I will have to wait a bit as well. money, it's a drag...

I really can't wait to check out Shaw's. I googled celtic tattoos shaws and this artist Aaron Dale popped up. I looked at his website/portfolio and was duly impressed. He's at aarondaletattoos.com. You should check out his work & see if you like it enough to have him do your tattoo.

11:29 AM  
Blogger M said...

It seems that my html wasn't quite right. His address is www.aarondaletattoos.com.

2:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

Welcome welcome, Toothfairy!!

I haven't had one done yet. I'm still in the planning stages.

I absolutely love that icon. I had no idea what it was. How did you find it and it's meaning. I'm 1/4 Irish & Scots so I absolutely love the Celtic art and music & would like my first tattoo to reflect my heritage and my Christianity through a butterfly.

3:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

it kind of looks like a pheonix

3:04 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

can't wait to see, I should really get mine finished, bout time!

12:37 PM  
Blogger M said...

What do you have & where?

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home