Thursday, September 08, 2005

What's New.

Yesterday I started watching mollo's nephew just for the rest of this week. He's so sweet. About 6-8 weeks old. I'm totally getting my baby fix. He and his mother should be here any minute. I have offered myself as a back up for their current caregivers. It seemed that last night when I spoke to the dad, that he'd like for me to be permanent, but he'd need to clear it with the wife and I think that the other caregivers are friends. It doesn't always work to have a business arrangement with friends. In fact, it often turns out badly. We'll have to see how things go.


BTW: My teenager voice student didn't work out. The mom wanted someone who could play the piano and since I am the "One-Handed Wonder" and only hunt & peck on the piano, it didn't matter how good I was at vocalization. Oh well, I hope they find what they are looking for. Still got paid for that session. $15 is $15.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

Too bad :(
Aren't voice lessons more expensive than that? God, I would have thought so!

9:29 AM  
Blogger M said...

I wouldn't mind watching the babies. I'm going to have David take down some of the stuff from the attic we used with Owen. I took Kenneth with Owen & me to playgroup today. It was ok, but I couldn't work any of the mom's equipment. It all needed two good hands to work it and I just flat out don't have two good hands. That's why I'm getting Dave to get Owens stuff out. I made sure before we picked it out that I could work it with one hand.

Voice lessons are normally $25-$35 per session. I'm cheap because my degree is in Sociology, not music. Although, I do know alot of music stuff & can vocalize on a professional level. Oh well, I still have Rosalee. She's my other student. SHe missed yesterdays lesson, but that happens sometimes when you have something new added to the schedule. Sometimes you forget until it becomes a routine.

11:32 AM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

Wow, that's so great! Sister didn't tell me the whole story as to why she needed an emergency babysitter. Brother said something about the babysitter announcing she was going to Vegas tomorrow.

3:31 PM  
Blogger M said...

He didn't seem too happy with the other situation, but we'll have to see. If they want me, they can have me. :-)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I just thought voice training would be like a 100 bucks a lesson, like my dance lessons were at one time. Just imagined that was the case as I know actors/actresses probably take this as much as pro dancing coaching.

11:33 AM  
Blogger M said...

I know that when Owen get's a gig & he needs to take lessons, Aquarian Associates will pay upwards of $80 per lesson for him to get a part in a movie or commercial.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home