Sunday, August 28, 2005

Tonight, Tonight

Hello Fellow Bloggerinians!

Well, this week Dave started school to work on his English degree at UofH. He's taking American Literature, Poetry, U.S. History and U.S. Government. He is confident that he will do well. So am I!

So today we went to Sunday school, per usual Sunday activity, and realized that for our Second Service we were having an Eritrean Lutheran Lay Pastor installed to be a pastor to our fellow Eritrean congregation that uses our church's facilities. They are like our adoptive(for lack of a better word) congregation. I have met a few from the congregation and they are a beautiful lovely people. The service was done in English and the native Eritrean tongue which is much like Hebrew and Arimaic<--- the language Jesus spoke. And to give praise to the Father some of the Eritreans gave out Hallells(sp). They are like the "lalalalallalllalallalallall's" you hear when the news shows the people in the middle east cheering. It's like saying Hallelujah, but getting stuck on repete with the "llel" part. It sent wonderful chills through me. You could really feel the Holy Spirit moving through the church today. It was most uplifting! Glory be to the Father!!

Today they invited the whole Pilgrim Lutheran Congregation to join them in their celebration of finally having a pastor for their special services. They cooked traditional Eritrean food and we had the option of eating it the way they do, with their hands only. It was fun and the food was tasty. I was suprised that even our picky eater ate quite well. It didn't hurt that he was sitting next to Ruth Ann who is an adventurous eater. Her mother lived in Tai Pei for a while on mission, so the kids are used to food other than the regular American faire, although they do get that too.

It was a wonderful day. We went to see Dave's folks for a couple of hours and had a really nice visit. Then we came home so Dave could study. Owen was "bothering" daddy, so I told him to pick out a movie to watch on the computer. He picked out Annie.

I had forgotten how good that movie was. Owen enjoyed it too. We just turned off the lights in the office and cuddled on the futon and watched the movie. It was a nice moment. Then we put him to bed. Life is great when you have days like today.

Also, I picked up 2 voice students this week and they start on Tuesday & Wednesday!! Gives me Monday to clean the house thoroughly!! Ugggh! Oh well, needed to be done anyway. I've been slacking this summer. I'm hoping to get my third student in the next few weeks. I've heard him sing and he's got a nice voice. He's just the right age, 7. So hopefully I'll get a few more students and then life will be extra peachy!!!

Love to you all! m.

BTW: Did anybody get my movie referrence from the title of my post????? hmmmm????

6 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

ok, caught the movie ref now....yes, my weekend ending up being that kind of weekend, where you can appreciate life and freindships and family

12:31 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

I like the sound of Eritrean food. I once ate in an Ethiopean restaurant in New York. The food was probably similar; spicy and eaten with flatbread and fingers.

2:18 PM  
Blogger M said...

It's nice, isn't it? :-) Now, if I could only get my e-mail to work, life you be perfect.

2:19 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep. You know your African tradition foods. It was really gooood!

2:24 PM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

Wow, that sounds so cool! I wish that I could have been there for the celebration.

10:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

It really was something special. I think we finally have the leadership that PLC has needed for so long. The Holy Spirit is really moving through Pilgrim. :-)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home