Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Recent Events

There have been some comparisons of the Flooding caused by Hurricane Katrina and the Tsunami that wiped out 100,000 Asians, by our politicians.

You can not compare the two. We Americans also don't have to shit on ourselves and rub it all over our bodies as a form of self deprecation to prove that we feel for those people who are in tragedy when folks from other countries bitch about America!

Sure I feel bad for these people and I felt bad for the Tsunami people too. I just don't think that we have to jump on the "piss all over Americans" bandwagon to feel sorry for these people.

I know that our country is far from perfect, but remember that your (those of you who are from America) tax dollars are going in for the relief efforts to every frickin country we sign up to help.

Do we actually get anyone else to help us back? Nope. We just get shit thrown at us by other nationalities, insults and bullshit, that's what we get back. And then our own bleedingheart liberals say that our country deserves all that we get.

Sure, every person in the Towers got what they deserved didn't they and all those people on the planes and those who were blown up in all the other terrorists bombings, yeah, they ALL got what they deserved. Fuckin Bastards!

Where is your Patriotic Pride? If America is so bad, then why do SO many people from ALL OVER THE WORLD WANT TO LIVE HERE!!!???

Fellow Americans: STOP TALKING TRASH ABOUT YOUR HOMELAND. You better be glad that our soldiers fought for our freedoms, because your butts would be in jail right now for treason!! Chew on that for a while.

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Thank you Ivy. As you can tell i get pretty upset when others talk crap about America and to have our own Americans do it too really sends me through the roof. I was completely and totally flabbergasted and angry when I wrote this post. Not your normal "Sweet Mary Sunshine" routine you get here at Dreamers.

2:01 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Anti-Americanism is just a knee jerk reaction to some people. The people who yell and shout in condemnation of the US aren't the majority, they just have the loudest voices.
The hurricane has wrought much more damage than I initially thought. Just be thankful that the wealth and resources of your nation enable you to deal with it.
The reponse of the US to the Asian tsunami was magnificent. More people in Europe should also recognise that in terms of charitable giving you Americans put us to shame. We just assume that the state will take care of everything. It can't and won't.

3:08 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thank you Garfer. Yesterday I was just so angry, that I had to put it somewhere. I realise that not all people feel that way against Americans. I guess this post was my own "knee jerk" reaction. Thanks for your kind words and wisdom. I love you dearly. m.

11:29 AM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

Yeah, I think that we've all felt this way sometime or another. We Americans just get tired of being bashed sometimes. *sigh* But you were really mad...really REALLY mad. Wow. Calm down. Gas is too expensive or I'd order up another banana bread loaf and send it down to you.

I can understand why this is happenening. This isn't "bringing the worse out in in people" but merely showing up front all the disgusting people we let live among us.

3:23 PM  
Blogger thordora said...

I know in my case, I've been an asscrap about it because is so bloody wasteful and sad....but I've spent some time today making myself uncomfortable and trying to see the other sides and GASP! make some apologies for saying stupid kneejerk things at times....

The focus should be on how to help....I'm trying to figure out how to harrass my government into more help....Canada might make fun of you, but for shit like this, we gots yr back....

6:48 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks for the offer of the banana bread. How about sharing your recipe???


That's nice to know Thordora! Believe it or not, we've got your back too! love ya!

Dave & I have been discussing ways we can help. I'm gathering my clothes that I don't wear anymore, because they need larger sizes for both men and women refugees. I'll be doing that tomorrow to take to church on Sunday.

He's also willing to take food to people and maybe let someone stay at the house for a little while. Houston is flooded with people. I'm glad that our city has so many resources for these folks.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

Hello. I like what you have to say. I had my own knee jerk reactions too. One positive thing that I did feel proud of is how hospitable our home state has been to the refugees. It made me feel a little better. I am donating clothes and food too one my next day off.

7:01 PM  
Blogger gipedan said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**heating repair dallasheating repair dallas

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home