Saturday, September 10, 2005

Poo

There is just something about the word poo. It sounds funny when you say it and brings gross things to mind when you hear it. I love that word.

It's a great substitute curse word. Instead of saying "Oh Shit!" you say "Oh Poo!". It gets the same point across without sounding quite so vulgar.


Also you can use it around kids. You might be tempted to be coarse and ask your child, "Hey! You done dumpin' that load yet???" or you can ask them, "Are you finished going poo?". To my ears the latter sounds much better. Only slightly more genteel, but then how damn genteel can you get when you are talking about fecal matters.


Shoot! somebody must have thought it was a good word, after all the is a very popular bear named Pooh... And aren't us moms of little babies always asking them, "Did you make a poo-poo? Is there a poo-poo in your dittie? Are you making poo-poo with your face all wrinkled up and red like that? Oh yes you are, oh yes you are, my little baby blah, blah, blah..."


I know. All my non-parental readers just shouted profanities at the screen that Michelle has gone COMPLETELY INSANE!! Oh my God, I can't believe she says that shite!!! She's just blown the image I had in my head of her as a cool mom. Damnit! Now she's no longer masturbation fantasy material... (not that I ever was mind you...).


Anyway, I just like the word poo. I think it's funny the way we use it and how it makes us feel.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

I too like the word poo. I use it frequently if someone farts.

I yell: "Poo!" and cover my face with something.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

LMAO...... Alex prefers Poo-poo!!! Double the enjoyment!

OHH and BTW there is a whole "group" of people who "get off" on woman and their poo, so you could still be masturbation material!! (grin)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely a parent thing (being one myself).

And instead of fart you can use blow-off

3:19 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

Poo and wee wee/wazz are excellent words.
I don't know what websites Martha has been visiting, but I think I'll give 'em a miss!

7:25 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ro~ That's funny!!!

Martha~ That's pretty sick. I think I'll pass on being that kind of masturbation material... yuck. lol :-)

Hey Ed!!! Blow-off. hmmm, sounds an awful lot like a mix between "Jack-off" or "blow-job". I like "pass gas". Dad always called me a prude and looking at my comments, I guess I sort of am. Oh well, I'm not as prudish as most of the ladies I hang with at church. But then, they are "ladies".

Garfer~ I'm with you. No offense Martha. You know I love you!!!!

I might start using wazz... In Texas the guys say "wizz". "Gotta go take a wizz." or my least favourite, "Gotta go shake the lizard."

1:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

toot. toot is also a good word.

1:34 PM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

We regularly called our kids "stinky butt" with that usual all-endearing tone of voice that parents have. My good friends took it one step farther saying, "Do you have a stinky ...? Awww, you cute little boy, stinky ... stinky ..." I laughed so hard!

Toot is what my kids use now. :) And "butt" turns them all into giggling wackos so I have to say tush. I can't even say tushie without them loosing control.

3:29 PM  
Blogger M said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 PM  
Blogger M said...

Well I must admit that reading the word tushie is making me laugh out loud!!! Still laughin'!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

I love the word poo.

And the word bum, which in the US means a person of no fixed abode but in the UK means tushie.

5:32 PM  
Blogger M said...

HE'S ALIVE! HE'S ALIVE!!!! Soz man, just got to take a bit of the piss.

We use bum. I like the word bum! It gives me the same feeling as the word poo. I'm giggling like "Betty Rubble" over here.

I use the word derelict for a vagrant.

Come by more often!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

Oh my goodness... *groan* Thanks for bringing back Saturday Night Live memories with Mike Myers in a bathtub talking about his "bum" all the time.

9:09 PM  
Blogger M said...

You know, I never did like Mike Myers all that much. We saw Wayne's World because it was the guys(Dave & Shane) turn to pick the flick. Then we saw one of my daycare parents in it. He was the big burly man that Garth punched and flew backwards. He was a stuntman. He was also in that Hulk Hogan movie that came out around the same time, another Shane choice. It was cute.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home