Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Little Ghost Story for All Hallow's Eve

This was requested by Mollo.

The town in which I grew up was a small town of about 17-18 thousand. My parents lived in the old part of town where the houses were all at least 100 years old or older. This is the tale of a man that I see periodically when I go home. I don't always go the way around town to see this man, but when I do 3 out of 5 times I go this way, he is there.

One day when I was legal driving age 16-17, I was riding around town looking around, getting away from the family. I was heading south on Avenue K going toward Marguerite Street. As I was traveling on Ave. K, I saw a black man wearing a light brown suit coat with slightly darker brown trousers, cognac coloured wingtip shoes and a tan hat. He looked to be about mid 50's in age and his clothes spoke of the 1940's. He had hair that was in a typical cut for black hair, rounded about an inch all over. He had a round face but not overly so and bags under his eyes. His eyes were a chocolate brown colour with a kind of white ring around the iris and they looked a little watery. He was as clear as day and usually showed himself to me during broad daylight.

I looked at him for what seemed only a moment then looked back at the traffic. Then I looked back at his spot and he was gone. I feel no fear from this "spirit person", as Dererk calls them. I don't know why, but he does show himself to me when I go down that way in my hometown. Dave has even seen him once. That was an early evening that time.

I often wonder what he did while he was living. Was he killed at that intersection? Was his house once there and is now no longer standing? I also wonder why he doesn't go home to his creator. He seems like a nice man and the next time I go back to the old hometown, I think I'll go back down that way and see if he remembers me.

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I have a friend who has studied spiritual gifts and she says that if decernment is not your gift then you won't ever see or feel anything strange or paranormal.

I've taken it a step further though. I think that you have to be really open to it and know what you are looking or listening for. You most likely have heard something and didn't know what it was and passed it off as wind making a bumping or banging noise.

So in short, you mave had one and didn't realise it. :-)

9:30 AM  
Blogger M said...

That would be neat.

10:29 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Jen! Happy Halloween to you too!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

My mother and I both have had the same sort of experiences you described...I swear I've seen my parents before each not long after they departed. My mother had a man who visited her in her room for years.

1:21 PM  
Blogger M said...

That's interesting and lends creedence to my idea that it runs in families. My mom, oldest sister & I have all had paranormal experiences. Some good, like my mom being visited by her mother and some bad, like the story I wrote a while back.

1:45 PM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

I'm completely naive... *sigh*

3:30 PM  
Blogger M said...

Trust me, with as scared as I have been in the past, a little naivetee is a good thing.

3:53 PM  
Blogger M said...

Oh yeah they did. I've had a couple stories like that. Thoughts for more posts.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home