Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The On Going Saga

Ok. So you all know about the stupid silver box and my mom. Well, last night we had to go to Bay City because my sister's MIL passed away. The funeral is today, but we couldn't make it, so we went to the viewing to support and lift up Kathey. It's been a hell of a year for her. First her husband dies, then her MIL and now she has a funeral to pay for and no funds coming in to help her with that. Hopefully, her brother in law will do what is right and will sign the proper papers so the funeral won't be on Kathey's head to pay for.

Well, to get back to the "saga". I told mom the last time that she called about that stupid box, that the next time we came into town I would give it back to her. She seemed happy with that solution. The thing is just taking up space and collecting dust, so it was no biggie to me. We she and I were alone in the viewing room, I told her that I had her box and that Dave could get Dad to put it in their car. At first, true to form for the last few years, she didn't know what I was talking about. I reminded her and she was glad to have it back. She's got it stuck in her head that I took it out of the house and I reminded her as gently as possible that they brought it all the way from BC to Rosenberg, a 50 minute drive, to our little apartment at the time. "Oh, ok.", she says. I drop it.

When Dave handed the box over to Dad he said, "What the Hell?, Why does she(my mom) want this back?" Well, that let me know for certain that I caught my mom in a lie. She said that Dad had been riding her to get the stupid box back.<---btw: that is the silver chests' official name from now until eternity!

Well, that deed is done and I had better not hear one more syllable about that stupid box ever again. We spent the rest of the evening at a local greasy spoon taking up two tables and talking across the restaurant. It was great to see everybody. We were only missing a few (Karen, Adam, Jason & Katie) but we had a good time visiting anyway. We finally got home around 11pm, way late. So here we are today and hopefully the saga is over.

If you would be so kind as to join me in prayer for Kathey and Sarah that everything turns out ok and she won't have to pay for a funeral that is not hers to pay for. May the Lord our God bring all of Nanny Darlin's family peace and comfort. Thank you so much for all of your support over these months. My love and affection to you all. m.

5 Comments:

Blogger darl said...

"If you would be so kind as to join me in prayer for Kathey and Sarah that everything turns out ok and she won't have to pay for a funeral that is not hers to pay for."

They are in my thoughts and prayers.


I"m glad you have that box thing under control too.

10:03 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Darl, Jen & Ivy for the prayers. This has really been a crap year for Kath. SHe and Sarah could use a break. Sarah is a senior in high school and I wonder if she's even had a chance to enjoy it.

Jen, believe me I've thought about just chucking the box, but then again she did give it to me for "safe keeping", my other sister is a recovering junkie. She has it back and can do with it what she will, I don't care anymore.

Thanks again Ivy. It sucks. Same kinda crap you have to go through with your sis. It's all bullshit... Oh well, our revenge will be living well. :-)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

oh god, now I remember the stupid box story! LOL
Thank god you rid yourself of it, till next time she tries to give it to you ;)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Wow.. it has been a tough year for Kathey. The poor girl! My prayers are with her!

11:36 AM  
Blogger M said...

Yep Ro. And if she tries to give it to me again, I will respectfully decline the offer.

Thanks Martha. :-)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home