Thursday, October 13, 2005

Per Usual

Per usual, I sit down at the computer just wanting to write, anything, but nothing comes to mind. So I just start typing. Putting anything into this machine that comes to my head.

Meanwhile, the boy is calling. I ignore him as much as possible, but he still gets through. "Mommehh, Did you eat that Caramel Apple?" "Yep." I say. "Mommyyyyy, I'm done, done, done..." "Mommyyyy! Come wipe my butt." I'm thinking: God damnit! Learn how to wipe your own ass!!!. I take a short break from writing to wipe his behind, "You've got to start wiping your own hiney. They're not going to do it for you at school, boy. Flush and wash your hands."

Hands all washed.

Now back at the screen, still perplexed as to what to write. I type and type. Does it make any sense? Who really gives a flying f**** about the bathroom escapades of this house? He comes back by, "Com'ere and I'll help you with your pants, all buttoned and zipped."

He leaves to play with his LeapPad. Off to "have fun" learning how to read. I hear the sounds. Annoying to some, yet comforting to me. Comforting to him. In his room he can visit the planets. In his room, he can see the stars. In his room, he can visit far away places. In his room, he learns about the bones of his body. Points at his toes and announces, "These are my phalanges!" Darned if the kid isn't correct. Are we sure he's only 4??? In his room, he is safe.

He makes my heart beat. He makes my heart soar. He makes my heart explode. He makes my heart break. He makes my heart fill up with love and happiness more than any other being has or could. So much more than I ever thought possible. He and his Daddy are my life and love, my very being, down to the absolute marrow of my phalanges.

11 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

WOW.. that was a whole lot of information all rolled into one. Glad you are doing well.. sounds like O is a genius!

1:44 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hey ! Welcome back dear! Thanks, I think. Yep, O is a genius!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

Awwwwwwwww. That's so sweet.

He really should learn to wipe his own bum though. Tell him that Blogworld is rooting for him.

2:18 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hey Lill!
Glad to see you are back. Thanks for the Kareoke info. If we ever get some free time, I'd like to go. Wouldn't mind driving up to your area. Maybe we could do a duet! That would be fun. I'm paying close attention to the boy, probably too close. He's growing up more and more each day and my heart breaks abit and longs for his babyhood, but I am so proud of the little man he's becoming. As much as he drives me crazy on occassion, he makes me honored that I am his momma even more. Can't tell I love that kid, can ya???

Hopefully, you'll get to spend more time with your little ones. I know that it is tough for you right now. I'm keeping you in my prayers.


T~
Thanks! Yeah, I'll let him know. He'll get there eventually and I'll be all shocked that he got the job done, then relieved, then sad that his dependency on us is waning, then I'll be proud of my little man. Four stages all in one moment...whew! We really run the gammant over here. :-)

6:20 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! on my way!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

leappads were a wonderful creation, got my daughter reading in spite of her ADD right away with her first use. I plan to use it with my son when the time comes.

I care to hear about your bathroom antics btw, our house is very similar. You knows its bad when your lil un bends over and asks you to wipe their tushie, mine does that all the time.

11:05 AM  
Blogger M said...

:-D Nice to know that we aren't the only ones, eh???

11:14 AM  
Blogger S.I.D. said...

We taught our kids to say "faeces" and "urine" from an early age. Made for interesting looks among friends/neighbours/family/general public.

12:55 PM  
Blogger M said...

We're doing pretty much the same with our boy. We don't baby talk him and never have. When we was 2 1/2 he used the word "intact" properly in a full 10 word sentence. We have our work cut out for us. :-)

1:57 PM  
Blogger S.I.D. said...

Clever little man!

We also taught our 1st to say institutionalisation. Teacher wasn't sure what to say.

3:37 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hehehehe! I love to mess with the teachers! When my niece was 3 we were using the term "existentialism" in front of her. She asked what it meant, we told her and she replied, "So, if I get the cookie when I'm not supposed to, then I have to be punished..." We said yep. Amazing kids we have in our family...

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home