Monday, October 10, 2005

Ephemeral Blogging

It has been said over the last day or so that blogging is most likely meant to be ephemeral. Other than giving me another excuse to post, that comment has also given me another reason to go visit www.dictionary.com (fav site!, I know...I'm a word geek!).

Anyway.

I have thought this over and this is what my little mind came up with. For some folks this blogging thing is just that: a "thing" that they pick up easily and can leave just as easily. A fad today and poofed into the ether tomorrow.

For me, blogging has brought me out of a two to three year depression. It started the day that I found out that I would be sole caretaker of my mil. I'm glad that I did it. I would have had it no other way, besides, I was available. I love her and nothing would have prevented me from doing it. I still have a bit of an overprotective posture when it comes to her. Better not mess with the mil or you'll get a dose of Michelle!

I remember one night I was sick of the blog I had been reading and discovered the next blog button. I clicked and continued to do so until I landed on Cakesniffers Beware! I read her blog and was hooked!! It was EVERYTHING that the other blogs I was reading weren't; witty, funny, brash and FANTASTIC! Then I kinda cruised around at the blogs of people who left comments on her blog, Chimp, Lisa From Alaska, Pissoff and a few others, most of which can be found on my blogroll. Just look to the right... Then they came to see me after I finally got a blog of my own. We developed a right nice friendship and love for one another.

The first blogpal to disappear was Lisa, then others started to drop off, but still more started to appear. It's like a revolving door party that never quite ends. It's kind of fun that way. We always miss those who go away and hope that they will change their minds or show back up after a break. Some don't, but others do.

I don't think that I'll quit blogging or at least not anytime soon. I still think that I have things to contribute to the bloggosphere, be it nonsense or not. So really, it looks like you are stuck with me whether you like it or not! :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Sniffy said...

Witty, funny, brash, FANTASTIC! You forgot "foul-fucking-mouthed", "degrading", "insulting" and all the others.

Caravanners hate me.

We all love you though.

3:25 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I wonder too, why people stop blogging. Do they get upset by comments? or do their partners disaprove? Hmm just wondering?

About being stuck with you Mhn...all I can say is

" Goody Goody Gum Drop!"

3:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

My Two "T"s! You ladies Rock!!!!! Thank you very much! Y'all made my day!

Tina~
I prefer to describe your blog as "raucousy fun!" Boisterous and disorderly & I LOVE IT!!! kind of reminds me of being at my folks on a really good day when everybody is happy, loud and laughin'!

5:11 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! Welcome to Dreamer's Reality. Come back and visit or hang out anytime!

8:56 AM  
Blogger darl said...

"So really, it looks like you are stuck with me whether you like it or not! :-)"

Just found your blog today after you were so kind as to comment on mine and, no, I don't mind being stuck with you. Thank you for sharing.

10:38 AM  
Blogger M said...

Darl~
Thanks for visiting! You are always welcome to "hang" at the Dreamer's. Please visit anytime. :-)

Ivy Gurl!~
there are times when i think, no one is going to want to read my drivel and then i get loads of comments on that subject. Who knows what folks need to hear. Keep your blog up, I check it everyday. :-) lots o' love to ya! m.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home