Sunday, November 27, 2005

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 11.27.05

We finally saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night. It was well worth the wait. The CGI looked so real. Dave & I cried when Diggory died and then I cried again when his dad was saying, "my boy, my boy...". It still gets me. I was also moved by Dans' performance in that particular scene, he wouldn't be moved. It was wonderful. The direction under Mike Newell was the best thus far. I think it has made a big difference to have a British director at the helm. I enjoyed the first two films immensely and the third was good as well, but a bit bland on the colour. The fourth film was everything I had hoped for, the colour saturation was back, the CGI was brilliant and the acting was flawless. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend this film wholeheartedly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sniffy said...

Seconded, I saw it last week with Mother and sister and we all thought it was absolutely fantastic. I was extremely impressed with the way Newell captured the essence of such a long story in the time allowed without really losing anything. The Yule Ball was pretty good; I liked the way it was just basically a school disco with all the traumas that this situation encompasses for any 14 year old.

Excellent. Will it get an oscar? Will it bollocks.

2:41 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'm hoping for the oscar. I think that Dan at least deserves a nod, Emma too. It's just getting better and better.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

It's ok. ;)

3:58 AM  
Blogger M said...

You're funny. That's just what Dave would say.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

really? I didn't really care for itatall.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home