Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Eve is Upon Us

Ah yes, the favoured day of the "shorts" is Christmas Eve. I sing at church and we usually open gifts that night; a tradition started by the hubbies parents to live on until eternity. I love it.

This year everyone is scattered to the winds, so things are are little different. Friday night we are going to the BIL's house to exchange gifts. We will be bringing HUMMUS, ah, there's a hummus among us... My favourite play on words. I think it's funny...

Saturday night the choir is singing at the Candlelight Christmas service at 7pm. My sister and niece are coming to hear me sing. At the midnight vigil, which is actually at 11pm, I will be singing "O Holy Night". I must admit that I rock that song, so much so, that it irritates me to hear a professional do it injustice.


Between the two services, we are having a light dinner at our house. This dinner includes Pumpkin Soup(lovely and savoury), Baked Brie(also savoury), a cheese platter with Gorganzola(Dave will be so surprised!), Swiss, Extra Sharp Cheddar, and a garlicy brie, a baggette, black and white grapes, strawberries(both chocolate dipped ::white and milk chocolate:: and fresh), orange slices, Little Smokies in BBQ sauce, probably some leftover hummus and pita chips. I think that's it.


I'm looking forward to the visit by my sis and niecie-poo. They will be staying the night. I haven't had a really good visit with them since before Paublo died.


I haven't finished shopping yet and none of the gifts are wrapped, which usually is my favourite part. I like to make pretty gifts. Or is it make the gifts pretty...?

Next Wednesday we'll head over to my parents house to exchange gifts with them. Hmmm, I need to go to Wal-Mart to print off a picture of Owen to frame for Mom and Dad...


Anyway, that's pretty much what is going on around here. I hope that your holiday plans are going smoothly and that you are able to enjoy the festivities.

Much love and affection to you all. MHN for short.
xxoo.

9 Comments:

Blogger P-Ratt said...

Lucky you...opening presents on Christmas Eve. Hubby always makes us open presents on Christmas morning. Boo hoo!

I vote for "gifts pretty".

7:53 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

If that's a 'light dinner' I'm a koala bear.

Can I come?

8:39 AM  
Blogger M said...

Isn't it interesting that we, as wives, end up conforming to the husbands traditions? Just an observation...

I've been singing in public since I was 5 years old. My mom was a trained musician and my dad was no slouch either. We've always had music in the house. I went to college and studied voice for a year, but they didn't teach me much more than my mom already did. They did teach me how to read music better though.


Come on down, Garfer! We'll keep the light on for ya! btw: What a cute koala bear you are!!! tee hee...

10:17 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thank you. Here's some Cheer going your way!

8:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Funny we share so many similarities isn’t it? I did get married when I was 19, I have bene married for 15 years and I work for an oilfield service company as well. Hmmm, you sure I am not your husband? LOL Your husband sent me an email telling me all the things we have in common, small world isn’t it?

I hope ya’ll have a great Christmas!

7:49 AM  
Blogger David said...

Ooops, I hope my wife doesn't check by the comment section, I have been married for 16 years.

7:51 AM  
Blogger M said...

Too funny! Time flies when you are having fun!!! Merry Christmas to you too. :-)

8:45 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

It took me 2 hours to wrap my presents. I even bought bows this year. Merry Ho Ho.

9:22 AM  
Blogger M said...

Mine looked like crap this year. It took me several hours less than it usually does. Usually it's an all day affair. What can I say, I love curling ribbon and tape.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home