Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's Sunk In

I think it has finally sunk in that Paul is gone from this place. I have to concentrate on the songs I'm going to sing for the memorial. For those who are curious they are:

Desperado (Paul's request)
The Tree of Life (I want this one sung at my funeral)
Go Ye Now At Peace

They all have a special meaning. I've always liked Desperado. It was one of the first songs I performed at the Rosenberg Opry. I used to listen to the Linda Ronstadt version as a kid and young adult.

Tree of Life shows God's creation; from the creation, to the fall of man, to the redemption through Christ. When we first learned the song, my mom-in-law, Linda was sick with cancer for the third time. Then when it came around again, Paul was sick.

Go Ye Now At Peace has the message of peace for His creation who feel like they may have been forgotten by Him. One of the lines is: "You'll never be lost and alone in His beloved world. Go ye now in peace, go ye now in peace."

Today is play group for Owen. I've told only one mom on the phone, just to make sure she would be there. The others I updated with a mass e-mail. Everyone has been praying for k,p,& s. That also let the family in other states know what's going on.

So anyway, I just had to get all of this out of my head so I could be a good mom for Owie today. Thanks for the indulgence. m.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

TAG!!! YOUR IT!!!

http://marthahocutt.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_marthahocutt_archive.html

7:11 AM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Some good song choices for a difficult occasion.

Btw Hi, sorry - you seemed to end up at my sweary titled blog. Follow my name back to my proper home.

Thanks for popping in btw.

I'll link you to mine when I have a mo.

9:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Herge. I found you on Cakesniffer. You guys are a fun lot!! :-)

10:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Michelle. I'll have to look up that song. Perhaps I'll add it too the reprotoire. Always looking for good songs to learn and sing!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home