Saturday, June 25, 2005

We Had the Memorial Service Today

Paul's celebration of life was today. It was really nice. They had 2 preachers, one from their old church and one from their current church. I sang my songs, Shannon (my niece) read her poem about Paul and Kathey read Paul's favorite psalm, Psalm 100. I thought it was 23, but I was wrong, it's 100. We had a nice lunch provided by the ladies of the church. We all visited together. Sarah went to hang with her friends, Kathey went home to get some rest, and we headed back to the house.

On the way home we stopped by our friends house in Richmond and had a really nice visit. Our boys got to play together as we parents sat on the back porch and talked to each other. It was really nice. After, we went to another friends house and played a satisfying game of D & D. I got to kill some specters!! Woo Hoo!

Anyway, today was a good day.

Here is Psalm 100:
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Amen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

May Paul be resting in peace!

Glad today went as smooth as possible! I am sure you sounded amazing!!

D&D?? OMG.... I haven't heard anyone playing that since I was in High School! LOL

6:56 AM  
Blogger M said...

It's pretty cool. Our D.M. doesn't allow the players to be evil characters. We can be chaotic or lawful, but not evil. Also, we run a pg game. no cussing or inappropriate talk otherwise you'll get struck by lightning!. They said they had a player that died because he cussed all night long and kept getting hit by lightning. too funny!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Pleased to hear the day went well.

I'm also shocked by the D&D... can you cuss in a D&D way - "By my hand, what wizardry is this?"

3:30 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks.

Absolutely!!!! lol! OMG we even have a Bard, and she sings songs to bolster out hit points, uh Spirits! Yeah, that's the ticket!

It's pretty cool, we have a dwarf barbarian (my hubby), who used to be human until his character got killed-not the cusser,then ressurected, the bard who is a halfling, an elf Rogue, that's me :-), a human monk, halfling Wizard, Human Paladin, halfling cleric, Human Druid.

I totally love my character! In real life, I have a gimpy arm (80% paralysis <---- accident at birth, Don't cry for me Argentina! :-D). So my character can fight with both hands, shoot flaming arrows, and genrally KICK BUTT! It's a great release! and we are fighting the forces of EVIL. :-D My D.M. has given me a magic missle wand (I like it because I can just shoot it, I don't have to see if it hits) and a bag of tricks (only two magic items for the Rogue). The bag of tricks has fluffy balls that turn into animals that can take our damage and cause some too. The higher the percentage roll the bigger the animal. Nice bag!

So anyway, I'm not your average Fundamental Christian Chick. The way I look at it, God likes variety, otherwise He wouldn't have made so many different flowers. :-) Can't all be the same...boring!

3:59 PM  
Blogger M said...

It's pretty strange. The way we play is totally non-Christian offensive, but only the friends who know us extremely well, know that we play. I think the others would think that we dabble in devil worship just because we play d&d. Obviously these people have ZERO idea of what the game is about. I do know that there are people out there who do take it too far, but that is such a small percentage, that it is ridiculous to lump the rest of us sane people who play, with them.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home