Thursday, July 07, 2005

A little about Me

A meme:

What I was doing ten years ago: I was in school studying music and married for 5 years at that point to my wonderful husband David.

5 years ago: I was 3 months pregnant with Owen and working for the single worst insurance brokerage firm EVER!

1 year ago: Weird, I can't really remember. Probably getting ready to see if we were chosen to have Owen go out to L.A. for a talent search. He made it.

Yesterday: Cleaned off the dining room table, played with O, got my hair trimmed, blogged alot, talked to a friend via email, sent off recipes that were requested, etc.

5 snacks I enjoy: We don't really snack around here, but if I had to pick they would be:
Pistacios
White Seedless Grapes
TEXAS Oranges!
Popcorn
Gummy Worms (Fresh only and usually around the new moon, if you get my drift...)

5 songs I know all the words to: Wow. I know so many:
Come Down in Time - Elton John/Bernie Taupin actually, most of there songs
Ave Maria - Gounod
Almost all B-52's songs
All of Boston's songs and most of Def Leppards
Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah, well, the whole thing including the men's parts.

5 Things I would do with $100 million: If only...

Pay off the blasted bills!!!
Tithe to our church
Pay off bills for whole family
Fix the house up and then buy enough land so that we could all live together, yet still be far enough apart to live our own lives.
Build a skating rink!!
plant a vineyard for David
Go back to school
Travel
I know they only asked for 5. It wasn't enough!

5 locations I would like to run away to:

Europe (the entire continent)
In the winter, the Rio Grande Valley
In the summer, Washington/Idaho
In the fall, New England
Anytime, the stage.

5 bad habits I have:

Not knowing how to say no to people at church, but I'm learning...
Staying up to late then getting pissy with family because I stayed up too late reading.
cursing when I get tired and fed up.
eating too much.
not excercising enough.

5 things I like doing:

Making music!
reading!
playing with Owen and Dave and my Meandering Gadabouts!!
Blogging, obviously!
Singing in the church choir, well singing anywhere I get the chance!

5 things I would never wear:

Bell bottoms or flared jeans
sleeveless shirts without another shirt on top in public
thongs (tried it, didn't like it.)
anything orange (not a good color for me)
can't think of anything else

5 TV shows I like:

TLC's What Not To Wear ~ Stacy and Clinton are ruthless! love it!
Iron Chef
Blow Out!
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars! Congrats to Kelly Monico!

5 Biggest joys of the moment:

Owen and Dave!!
church
my blogging friends
blue jean colored nail polish
finding the tatoo design that is just perfect for me (butterflies), after all, I'm gonna have it forever!

5 Favorite toys:

Imac G5 and iPod
my books
my music
guess that's it.

5 Next victims:
Anyone who would like to reply. Love you all! m.


4 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

O I like that...hope you do not mind but I am going to be a copycat and do that on my blog too!! Very interesting! I stay up late (or early in the morning) reading too and it causes me to be grouchy too! Wow Congrats on your 15 yr marriage that is quite an accomplishment! Tammy

4:13 PM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Oh, you have 'What not to wear' as well??

We have that, the women who present it are complete bitch's.

I hope I didn't bother you at all with my overty liberal views...

4:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

Herge~
In my family, my husband and I are oddities when it comes to our political views. We just don't discuss politics with my or Dave's family. My SIL is just as liberal in her views as you are. I still love her and I still love you my dear. As I stated on Cakesniffer, I admire you that you hold strong to your beliefs. Conviction in ones beliefs is a rare thing indeed. I would not change you for the world.

Besides, I like ya, you're funny!!! :-)

Yep, I like 'What Not to Wear'. We've actually used the "rules" in regard to buying clothes for Dave and they have worked fabulously!

Tammy~ Copy away. I did. Thanks for the congrats.

6:37 PM  
Blogger M said...

Linda and Ron are conservative in their views, but I know for sure that Linda doesn't "vote" conservative. She hates the Bush's or "Shrubbs" as she calls them. We've talked about it alot, to the point that I won't bring it up anymore and when she does, I change the subject as quickly as possible. not worth an argument. :-) Man, I love that woman!

Dave, Owen and I would like to see y'all when you have some time. Dave will be starting school in the fall at UH. Early August would be good for us. I finished my butterfly cross stitch, but forgot to take a picture of it. It's at the church so maybe I'll do that this weekend and post it on the blog. Still need to finish the one for Ben and Kerry. It's only been 2 1/2 years!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home