Saturday, July 02, 2005

Where is the Rest of the Article???

I was reading an article about Brooke Shields blasting Tom Cruises' opinion about mothers taking anti-depressants after child birth to help with post pardom depression. She confronts him in a very firm, informative, yet non-threatening manner. Of him, I could not say the same. The writer of the article ended with a quote from Kelly Preston, another Scientologist. What I want to know is where is the rest of the article?

The Scientologists maintain that psychiatry is a "quack" sort of business and not useful in the treating of any mental illness. I bet millions of people, in the U.S. alone, would disagree. Vitamins and exercise are good for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but are not the "end all, be all" for mental illness. You need therapy and sometimes chemical therapy to defeat the imbalance.

Just like the rest of the "my-head-is-so-far-up-my-own-hiney-that-I-can't-see-past-my-own-crap-
that-I-spew-out-of-my-mouth" people in Hollywood, Tom Cruise and Kelly Preston need to just SHUT UP and act or sing. Frankly, the more of their "views" (whether religious or political) I hear, makes me not want to see their movies or hear their music.

Just do what you are paid to, make movies/music and look pretty!

7 Comments:

Blogger Herge Smith said...

Agree.

In fact Tom Cruise was particularly critical of Adams use of drugs to releave post-natal depression - which is rich, considering it's not like he's ever gonna know how that feels.

This is just another example of these celebrities confusing the publics desire to see them movies and what-not and the public giving a flying fig what they think - which is generally moronic, or atleast ill conceived.

Frankly, I think we should do away with them all...

And then our current crop of politicians.

11:09 AM  
Blogger M said...

Personally I'm prettty pieved about a new show that the ABC network is advertising. It's about the VP becoming President of U.S. That in of itself doesn't bother me. It's that it's a woman. Now I think a woman could do a fine job as pres., but they are introducing the idea in America's head that we could have a woman president, ie: getting everybody in America geared up for Hillary Rodum Clinton to run for President. I don't want that low/no class fink anywhere near the oval office! It's bad enough that her funky ole husband was president. Those two have the morales of hyenas! ok. stepping off the soap box now.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Hmm, interesting, and what about your current Pres? think he has any morals?

5:23 AM  
Blogger M said...

Yes, I do. He has been transformed by God. Remember, he's a Texan and we've all pretty much watched him screw up when he was drinking. He clean up his life, got God in his life, and has turned into a reformed human being. Even his family says so.

You may think that I'm harping on the "God-thing" too much, but I know the changes He has made in my life and the changes in my sister (she was a drug addict, since 13 years old, and prostituted her body to get the drugs). She is clean now and has no desire to return to her former lifestyle. That's huge! She's was an addict for over 22 years. That's along time. She says she was able to change because God helped her make that change and I believe her. She's a COMPLETELY different person. She spent 5 years in a Texas prison on a federal charge of selling drugs in a gun free/drug free zone. She's out now and it was like I was meeting her for the first time after seeing her for the first time in 5 years. (I was 6 when she started the drugs. I only remember when she was high. not good memories.).It's nice to have her as my sister now.

I'm not the rude and nasty minded person I used to be. Somedays I slip, but I'm better equipped now to get back on track. It's a daily struggle, but in the end, I do feel better about myself. I've seen changes in many people I know. I realise that it's not for everybody. That's ok, but when the time comes that anyone thinks they might need more help than a single human can provide, God is there and He's listening.

Hope I didn't put you off, Herge. These are my beliefs. Love ya! mhn. :-)

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that's such a beautiful testimony! *sigh*

1:54 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks mollo. :-)

8:54 AM  
Blogger M said...

If you find the article, please send me the link. I'd like to read the whole thing. Thanks Aas!!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home