Friday, August 05, 2005

Days Like Today: A Poem By Michelle

Days Like Today
There are days like today that you wish to see the prettier side of life. A bloom on a rose bush, soft wisps of white clouds in the clear blue sky, a rainbow in the distance as you are driving by. Yes, days like today make you wish to be far, far away floating on a raft on a calm green sea, with nothing to do except just to be. Today I will make the most of what I have and just go on hoping that tomorrow there will be all of the things that I would like to see. mhneumann 3.9.05

5 Comments:

Blogger Herge Smith said...

A lovely poem Michelle. So did you see all those things today?

6:35 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thank you Herge. :-)

Not quite, but I saw my boy playing well with other children happy and laughing. Then he got into a pile of dirt and went to town playing and digging and talking to the cat and his friends grandmothers. He was dirty from tip to stern. We had to give him a bath before we put him in the car to go home. :-)

I got to sing in an imprompto jam session for about 4 hours with my husband and a set of our best friends and their dads. Imagine if you will, an electric lead guitar, bass, acoustic guitar and a mandolin players and up to 5 singers all in perfect harmony. It was the best therapy session I've ever had. I had forgotten just how good we all sounded together. Sometimes I would sing the melody. Other times I'd sing harmony while Katrina or her dad had the melody. Then there was alot of it where Katrina and I would pick different harmonies to sing while her dad sang the melody. It was heaven.

I didn't realise how much I missed that and them.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

What a GREAT poem... I feel that way often. It sounds like you had some good therapy though! :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger M said...

Yep, feeling a little needy again, gonna put on the iTunes while I wursch the dishes!

1:39 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Ivy, I wrote it when I was feeling pretty down. I'm much better now.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home