Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Interview: Martha, My Life in a Nutshell

Martha is a blogging friend of mine that I found by clicking the "Next Blog" button. I did that a lot in the beginning. Her blog name is "My Life In A Nutshell". She's a really neat Lady from Mississippi, USA. Let's give her a look!

1. How long have you been blogging?
Since February 1, 2005

2. Why did you start blogging?
Several of my friends had blogs, and I thought it would be a great way
for me to journal my feelings, emotions, thoughts, and ideas.

3. How many posts have you written to date?
143 - wow.. I am shocked I had no idea it was that many!


4. Which post are you most proud of and why?

I actually think there are 2 - the first was just the other day. I wrote out my son's birth story and shared it on my blog but surprisingly got very few responses! LOL.. I think it was just too long for people to take the time to read which is fine!

The second one was one of my very first posts about the day I accepted
Jesus as my Savior! It was so raw and full of emotions and very real.

5. Who was the first person to comment on your blog – outside of friends/family? That was hard to find but it was actually someone who posted as Anonymous

6. What would you rather have – less visitors but more comments or many visitors but no comments?
I think I am normal here by saying I love comments! It's fun having
lots of people, and all the different countries but Comments are so much better. (Yep!)

7. Is there something you would like to post about on
your blog, but haven’t yet?
Hmmm... I think maybe some of my fears... I am not sure how vulnerable I want myself to be. (I get that...)

8. Do your friends/ family read your blog?

The only family member is my husband Rick.. the rest of my family
doesn't know this spot exsists! But I have lots of great friends who read.

9. How many blogs are there in your links list?

10 there use to be more but people stopped posting so I removed them! LOL! (Ah, weeding...)

10. Which blog do you check out first and why?

My friend
Ana's! I saw her link on our message board and decided to check it out.

11. Do you always leave comments at blogs you read?
If it is someone I know I almost always do.. if it's not someone I know
I wait till I see something that I have a comment for!

12. What do you most like about other blogs?

I love to learn new things about people and hear about their
experiences!

13. What do you most dislike about other blogs?

All the fighting, hate, and cruelty! I just think you can have an opinion without cutting someone else down.

14. What single thing would you like to improve about
your blog?
Ohh that ugly pink background!! I wish I was computer savy enough to
figure out how to make my page more personalized.

15. What are your interests, hobbies, general likes and dislikes?

I am a reality TV Junkie!!
Amazing Race and Survivor are my top favorites though! I am a Christian and love learning about God, and sourrounding myself with like minds, I do a lot of speaking and fundraising for the March of Dimes. I am a preemie advocate! I HATE to cook and clean.. lol... As a family we love to Mountain Bike and go camping!

16. If you only had one day to spend with your family before you died,
what would you do? Hold hands, pray, hugs, and just talk about how much I appreciate each and every one of them! (That's an excellent answer! May I use that too?)

17. In a conversation about your blog, how would you
like it described?
Inspirational, touching, Christian, motivational, Funny, Fun


Can you also say who you would like to interview?
Hmmmmm.... who would I like to interview... I think maybe my friend Ana would be a great person to interview!!! Ana are you up for it???


Post to the reader: I am very sorry, but some of the links will not show up properly, but still try to find them on your own. Thank you. m.

7 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Waaa up all afternoon and no one comments?? Hmm... maybe I should say I have low self esteem and need love people!!! :(

9:52 PM  
Blogger M said...

I wouldn't take it too much to heart. My regulars are on adifferent time table than we are. They are all at work.

6:46 AM  
Blogger M said...

Glad you liked it. I was reallty frustrated that some of the links didn't come up. I re-worked them at least 5 times each, then had to stop.

7:51 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Lillie! If you look at my blogroll list, there is one at the bottom that says "Blogroll Me" Click on it and follow the instructions. Once you get it set up, it's really easy to make a blogroll list. If you have any questions, e-mail me and I can get Dave to talk you through. He helped me with mine.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Cool interview. I'm off for a visit in a bit.

Also, some good new questions - the one day to live one was harsh, but interesting, with a lovely answer from Martha.

Good work.

6:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

For a christian, that's one of our core questions.

What "would" you do if you had only one day left with your family before you died? It makes you prioritise the important things. And really since you know what you would do, now face with the question, don't wait until you only have 1 day, go do those things now with the ones you love. That sort of thing; "Make hay while the sun shines..."

7:52 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Ohh Thanks so much Michelle and everyone who came to visit!! NO CLUE how to blogroll!! Will have to work on that! What does it exactly mean??

I actually liked the last day question... as a Christian and truly does make you think!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home