Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Interview: Texas Ivy

Texas Ivy is a Fantabulous Texan, who resides north of Houston. The name of her Blog is My Life is Good Today which is a line from one of her favorite songs by Ian Moore. She is a single mom of three kids, manges her household and family with the help of her mom and stepdad who pitch in when they can. She is a super cool lady who deserves a break and a gander at her blog. I think she's GREAT! Here's her interview. Enjoy!

1. How long have you been blogging?

Since March 8, 2005 (My birthday!)

2. Why did you start blogging?

Really no specific reason... just thought I would check it out since I knew a few people that had their own blogs.

3. How many posts have you written to date?

177

4. Which post are you most proud of and why?

Well, the post I am most proud of got deleted a while back... It was about my sister and her situation and went into great detail of the problems she was having. Most of it was a letter I wrote to her, giving her my view of her situation looking in from the outside. Unfortunately it is lost forever now. I deleted it because the situation just got to be too much and I didn't want to be constantly reminded of it all every time I went to blog.... if that makes any sense. (Oh yeah, got a few of those meself.)

5. Who was the first person to comment on your blog ­
outside of friends/family?

Guppyman (Guppy's a cool dude!)

6. What would you rather have ­ less visitors but more
comments or many visitors but no comments?

Less visitors and more comments. (We all seem to dig more comments. More Comments, MORE COMMENTS PEOPLE!! Sorry, I digress.)

7. Is there something you would like to post about on
your blog, but haven’t yet?

My divorce and that relationship, the new love of my life and other very personal issues/feelings that I just don't feel comfortable putting out there for the world to see.

8. Do your friends/ family read your blog?

Friends do, but my family doesn't. (That seems to be a theme among bloggers, except maybe TamWil, but that's another interview.)

9. How many blogs are there in your links list?

17

10. Which blog do you check out first and why?

Guppyman... his was the first blog I ever checked out and he always has some fun stuff on his blog.

11. Do you always leave comments at blogs you read?

I only leave comments when I have something to say....

12. What do you most like about other blogs?

Learning about other people!

13. What do you most dislike about other blogs?

I can't really think of anything I have found to dislike about other blogs.

14. What single thing would you like to improve about
your blog?

The content!!!! I have a very mundane, simple life.. very predictable, organized and scheduled... and more than not, I have nothing much to say, because not a lot changes in my world on a daily basis (but I am thankful for my life...).

15. What are your interests, the things you most enjoy doing?

My children are number one on the list. I love spending time with them. Spending time with the love of my life and talking to him. Music. Gardening. My computer. There's a ton of stuff I'd love to try and do... just no time or money to get started.

16. In a conversation about your blog, how would you
like it described?

Yikes, I am not sure.... I have never thought about it I suppose.

Can you also say who you would like to interview.

Truthfully, I don't really know yet.... I do not know that many bloggers very well.

I found Texas Ivy by clicking the next button. I sure am glad I found her. She has been a very good friend from the beginning. Thank you so very much Texas Ivy for sharing with us some of your life. Those who read this, go on over and visit our own Texas Ivy. You'll be glad you did!!

8 Comments:

Blogger garfer said...

Found a cool David Hassellhoff pacman game on the Guppyman link. Made my day that.

5:27 AM  
Blogger M said...

That's great. I'm glad you found something that you enjoy!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Ohhhhhhhhh Gotta check her out! GREAT interview!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

cool interview, very enjoyable! I also appreciate the plug you gave me!
After reading your interview with Herge, I visited TX Ivy and I felt right at home with her and her blog..since then I have added her to my favourites! :O) Thanks mhn you rock!

9:34 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks guys. This is what waas intended, more cross blogging. :-)

11:46 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks!

1:27 PM  
Blogger guppyman said...

Thanks for the mentions.... Always good to have more folks over...

Ivy is great! One of my first blogger friends too.

3:59 PM  
Blogger M said...

You're welcome.
Yeah... She's cool! :-)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home