Thursday, May 25, 2006

Interesting Developments:

I received an interesting phone call on Monday afternoon. I was taking my mil and the boys(Owen & Roo-Bear, I got him back :-)) to H.E.B. to pick up a few things for the pantry and I noticed that my phone had a message on it. I'm standing in the middle of the store trying to listen to this rather involved message from someone that was referred to me by a parent that knows a child that I used to give voice lessons to. (Did ya get all that?)

So the upshot is, there is a music position open at Horn Elementary and I have come "highly recommended" by some of the parents and the principle wanted me to submit my resume. I took my resume in on Tuesday morning. Not 5 or 6 minutes later my phone starts ringing. I'm trying to merge into freeway traffic on Loop 610 and merge to Hwy 59 so that I can get out to Sugarland for mil's appointment. It was the school's secretary, she wanted to know if I would be available for an interview Wednesday morning at 9am. Not being one to turn down a potential opportunity, I had Linda(mil) tell her yes, since I was driving...


Now, it has been literally YEARS since I have had an interview. I wasn't sure what to wear because all the other interviews I've had have been in the corporate world. So I wore a charcoal grey pants with a black cardigan and a green tank underneath with my little black pointy toed shoes. I must say that I was a bit over dressed compared to the rest of the employees, but they had jobs there already and I didn't.


So anyway, the interview went well and they will be continuing the process through next week. I really don't think that they will hire me. They are a magnent and vanguard school, so they really need to hire fully qualified teachers. As I only have a two year degree and they need someone with a four year degree, I really don't think that I will get the position. That's fine with me because if I did get it, it would mean a lot of logistical juggling for me in regards to getting the boy to school and me to work on time. His school is 25-30 minutes from the house and Horn is 20 minutes away from the house in the opposite direction. With us having only 1 car, that could pose some issues getting the boy to and from school.


Also, I drive the mil anywhere she needs to go because currently she's having trouble seeing and doesn't feel confident in her driving. Now that I have little Roo-Bear back, I DO have some income to help suppliment the household income, so I really have the perfect position to do all the things that I need to, to help my family.
So, I really don't think that they will call, but if they do; I'll have many things to consider.

Other Developments:
I have gone down 2 whole sizes since I started walking!! Yeah me! It really makes me want to keep up with the 3 miles a day. Now I want to see just how small I can get, almost purely out of curiosity. I'll be cleaning out my closet on Friday and taking my clothes to a friend who wears my old size. Yea, more room for new clothes!

2 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Way to go! It is hard work to go down two sizes! I think that is awesome!

We will see what the Lord has in store for you :O)

9:12 AM  
Blogger M said...

I think that my place is still at home. We'll see.

Yep, from a large 26 to a 22 is a big deal. I never thought I'd see that number again. Maybe one day I'll get back down to the teens!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home