Friday, September 30, 2005

Quel un Relief!

Yesterday, I'm looking in the fish tank. We have a ten gallon fish tank that houses several plants, 4 tiger barbs, 2 zebra tetras (also known as danios) and a 4 1/2 inch long pleco. So, as I said, I'm looking at the tank and Dave pipes up, "Michelle? What has happened to our fish? Are they all dead?" I look again in the tank and tell him, "No, they are there, oooh, but wait. It looks like one of the tetras is dead. He's stuck between the filter and the wall. When you get a chance, will you take care of that?" Dave says sure. The last 3 fish that have died, I've had to "dispose of", so it's Dave's turn.

Anyway, today I'm getting prepared to feed the fish, I adjust the top on the tank and lo and behold..................The zebra tetra was just stuck!! Yea! He is now swimming around and eating and happy!! Yippee, I'm so glad he's not dead. Whew!

4 Comments:

Blogger garfer said...

A lucky escape for tetra fishy. You could have left it there for days.

2:35 PM  
Blogger M said...

I almost did. Goofy fish keeps getting stuck. Everytime I walk by the tank I check to see if he's swimming & where he is. Sure enough, If I don't see him, he's stuck & I re-adjust the filter. Stupid fish...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

What a lovely, heartwarming story. They could make a Disney film out of that tale. "Lazarus: the amazing immortal tetra fish".

You can now conduct experiments on how long you can leave him stuck before he actually dies.

10:18 AM  
Blogger M said...

You are a funny girl!! Thaty would be an interesting experiment, but I think the boy would then be terrified of mom. I might become a bit afraid of myself at some point as well. :-o

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home