Monday, April 10, 2006

From This Side... 37 Doesn't Look So Bad

Yesterday I turned 37 years old. 37 was a number that never occured to me before. I don't think that I saw past twenty-five. It's not that I didn't think that I would make it this far, but the thought of being a "real" grown-up never even entered my thoughts.

When I turned 31 I got pregnant with my son. It was a good birthday, I was surrounded by my friends singing kareoke at a place which is now a parking lot, sippin' on margaritas. I took one sip from that drink and traded with one of our friends drinks, he had water. The drink was unusually strong that night and I knew that it was a posibility that I might be pregnant. That was a great birthday.

My birthday celebrations started on Friday. My car is FINALLY repaired.

Here's the low-down on ALL of the freaking repairs:
1. New Heat Sensor
2. I had them change the oil & replace a bum turn signal while they were at it.
3. They replaced the Serpantine Belt.
4. New Water Pump.
5. New Radiator.
6. New Computer that runs the engine, a/c and transmission.

The car runs better than she has since she over heated last year trying to escape from Hurricane Rita. Thank God that most of the repairs were covered under the "Extra-Care" Warranty. We only had to fork over a little over $300. Not too bad for all the work that they did. They had the car for almost two whole weeks trying to figure out the problem. That didn't count the week they had it in the body shop from the wreck on March 16th. I'm so very glad to have my car back.

Saturday was the first game of our soccer season. So, what was the very FIRST thing that I did? I accidently backed into the corner bumper of one of my kids parents vehicles. Not a scratch on his blazer, but my corner bumper is now concave. No biggie, he was very nice about it and since they didn't have any damage, he said not to worry about it. Again, thank you God... The kids scored two goals and blocked two goals and had a blast. They ran their little legs right off, mine too.!

Saturday night, Dave took me out on a date. We spent two hours together of which I will discuss at a later date, stay tuned... and then we went to Katz' for dinner and came home and went to sleep(I had an early call at church on Sunday.)

Sunday afternoon we went to a friends house for a couples gathering . It was a blast and they surprised me with a card and a birthday cake. I almost cried and I know that I turned several shades of red. It was great. I recieved phone calls from my sisters, all of them, :-) and my parents, which was really nice. I hadn't talked to my family in a while, so it was nice to catch up with them.

I know that I am only two days into 37, but so far, it's pretty good. 'Night.

8 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Happy Happy Birthday Baby!

Glad to hear you got your ride back.

I wanna see some pics :O)

8:57 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Ladies! I take every day that God gives me as a gift, even though sometimes it may not seem like one. And, the day he takes me away will be a good day too.

I'm going to let my birthday present heal a bit before I post pictures. I haven't told anyone, but a few of you and my oldest sis, my son and a friend from church. I suppose everybody will find out soon enough.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

As tehy keep telling me: you are only as old as you feel.

As for your car -- ACK!!! Happy F'n Birthday, what a way to celebrate. Yuck, not for me thanx.

10:25 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

37 is nothing, the real rot sets in when you hit 39.

Have you considered buying a Toyota? We make them here you know.

4:25 PM  
Blogger M said...

You should know about rot Garfer, since you are now 39. Happy Birthday Lovey!

Actually, I like to think that the older we get, the better we get, just like Rowan said.

Ro~
I celebrated my birthday by having a very nice man straddle my hips while flicking skin off of my shoulder and depositing ink under my flesh. Not a bad way to spend two hours. I'll post about it soon.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

Happy birthday!

8:59 PM  
Blogger David said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

My decomoposition is in a state of reincarnation.

Not that I'm bi-polar or nowt.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home