Thursday, March 16, 2006

My First Concert Going Experience!

I wanted to thank Garfer for reminding me of this when he mentioned " hairy men in tight trousers". It was a great time to be young!


I saw loads of men wearing spandex in the late 80's all on the same day. It was the "Monsters of Rock" at the Rice Stadium.

That was my first concert going experience. We had great seats, 3rd row, seats 21-25. Really excellent!

The bands were:
I can't remember who opened but this was the line-up
Metallica
The Scorpians
And the headliners:
VAN HALEN with Sammy Hagar.

Metallica was so loud that they blew a transformer and no one could hear the Scorpians. They played Def Leppards' Hysteria while we waited to get the concert going again. Lots of toilet paper rolls were flying and plenty of weed being passed. I remember that one of my friends was freaked because she had to take a drug test for her Air Force physical the following Monday.

Everything turned out great, I got a major sunburn that day and their were lots of people at the concert that I knew, which was a shock. You don't expect to see people you know in a big city like Houston(it still suprises me.). They were all jealous that we had such good seats. Hey, what can I say, my mom came through with the goods. Thanks Mom! Ahh, the memories of youth... *sitting quietly with a small smile on my lips and a look of fondess in my eyes.*

Beats the hell out of what happened earlier today...

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

PINCH

1:08 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Van Halen were good.

A Scootish gut called Rddy Frame did a cover version of 'Jump' that showed what a well constructed song it was when you stripped away the metaltastic overkill.

2:04 PM  
Blogger M said...

'Jump' was over played over here. I liked 'Hot for Teacher' and '1984'. Of course back then I was all about Boston and Def Leppard. Still two of my favourite bands.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home