Thursday, March 16, 2006

Slicks Streets and Sudden Stops

Well, today was a sucky day. This morning we had plans to go to the Children's Museum and meet our friends and their sons. O was all excited and i was too. We didn't have the little one today, so it was just the boy and me. I made our lunches and we piled in the car and were on our way.

That's when it went wrong. The weather was drizzly and the roads were slick. We were just two blocks away from the museum when I heard an emergency vehicle siren. I was in the process of stopping and my car kept sliding, right into the back of another vehicle. The airbags went off and there was smoke everywhere.

I checked on the boy to make sure he was ok. He was, so I checked on the other driver. He was ok too. Our cars had not that much damage upon first look. My left arm was burnt from the airbags and my right thumb is swollen, my back is sore and so is my right leg. I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. The officers suggested that the boy and I get checked out.

The airbags broke my windshield and there will be some structural damage as well. Thank God for insurance. I was quite fortunate that the police did not find any fault in this instance, probably because of us having to stop quickly for the ambulance. The other guy was holding his neck as soon as he got out of his car. He said he was ok, but then started holding his neck. Hopefully, he won't try to get more than what he is due. We'll see.

I'm just glad that the boy and I weren't hurt really bad. So much for the museum today. Perhaps we'll try it again next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger P-Ratt said...

Oh my goodness! I sure am glad that both of you came out okay. I'm sure y'all were sore for a couple days.

Is Owen still in a car seat or was he in a passenger seat that time?

*Why are airbags and windshields so dang expensive to replace???*

9:21 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks.

I managed to sprain(sp) my right thumb(weird, I know.) and my left arm is all bruised and my ring got messed up a bit. We have a lifetime fix it policy type thing on the ring, so we got it fixed yesterday.

I'm still kind of sore, but mostly with my right arm. I look all purple and yellow, not terribly pretty.

9:56 AM  
Blogger M said...

Owen is still in a booster seat and was in the driver side back seat. Not a scratch, thank God. :-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Just catchin' up on your blog...OMG! How is your back, leg and thumb doing?

I am petrified,to drive in rain, just for this reason.

I hope you are mending well. Thank GOd ya'll are ok :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home