Friday, March 10, 2006

Taking a Break From Housework

I thought I'd take a little bloggy break from doing laundry & dishes. I don't have the little baby today, so I'm trying to be as productive as possible. It's a little easier with David home(he took the day off to get caught up on his studies.) because I feel like I want to show him that I really don't lay on the couch all day. ;-) He knows the truth. All he has to do is look at the house and he knows what I've done all day. Of course, I do play the part of the nanny, mommy and dutiful wife quite well, so he knows that I'm not quite the slug that I'd like to be.

Wednesday, after picking the boy up from school. I had it in my head that he and I should go visit his Gammie at the bowling alley. She plays in a seniors' bowling league and has practice on Wednesday and Thursdays. When we got there, we got a lane and the boy and I played two games. It was a blast! Of course they had to put up the bumpers, but that made playing that much more enjoyable for us. No gutterballs! Yeeehaaaawwww! His first game score was 74 and his second was 86, mine were 96 and 103. I was really proud for the boy. That was his first time playing a whole game. He did really well and the ball was 7 pounds, so it wasn't too light for him. He'd pick it up and heave it down the lane. :-) I wish that I would have had my camera with me. It was extra special because we got to bowl one lane away from Gammie. Usually they don't let little kids play next to the league players. I requested a lane close and told them his grandma was playing, so they let us be close-ish. It was a great afternoon with the boy and me.

Tonight is going to be busy and special! We have couples group tonight and a movie at church. Afterwards I'm have the next door neighbor boy watch O while we go see a blogging friend's artwork. Darl is a photographer here in Houston. I've been on-line to see some of his work and it is great. We can wait to see his work and meet him. :-) This will be my first time to meet one of my blogger pals in person. In a couple of weeks I'm going to get to meet Kyahgirl for lunch. She's coming down from Alberta for work and we will be doing lunch. Can't wait for that too!!

The boy should be starting soccer pretty sharpish. I have a parents meeting tommorow and have to have his shin pads, ball and water bottle bought by meeting time. Life just got busier, but I think it will be more fun as well. :-)

Well, I better get back to the housework before I lose my momentum, although, I DO have the iPod on shuffle so it's keeping the flow of songs going pretty well. I've heard two Matchbox 20 songs that are not played on the radio. I had no idea how much I would like them. Must keep that in mind...

Type to ya later! mhnforshort.

5 Comments:

Blogger garfer said...

I've got a bowling alley nearby but I'm rubbish.

I'm mean at pool though.

3:13 PM  
Blogger David said...

I am going to make sure David knows you were slacking on the housework. . . unacceptable ;)

3:46 PM  
Blogger darl said...

Hi there, just wanted to say thank you for dropping by the show. It was so nice to meet you and your family in person. I hope you had a good time, I'll have to give you heads up on other shows should you be interested. I didn't realize I was the first blog acquaintence you'd ever met, well ditto! hehe(( I should be more bloggy now that the show is up and I'm not stressing.

7:46 PM  
Blogger M said...

I like to play pool. but i don't think that I'm any good, kinda like tennis.

Dave says that he hasn't heard anything yet... ;-) (giggling)

Darl,
I was so pleased to get to meet you after talking to you for so long. David, Owen & I had a grand time at the show. It was really lovely to meet your other half. The night was a complete delight. Sorry for the rhyme... We hope to see you again soon. Perhaps the four of us can make a night of it. :-) Owen fell asleep as soon as we got in the car, just as predicted, with ratty old elephant and thumb in his mouth. :-) I love those images.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

bowling with little kids is fun! I'm the pits at bowling but it doesn't matter.

Last year when I went to NYC I met about 50 ladies that I've known through the internet and perfume swapping. Its very nice to make cyber people into real people and I'm looking forward to meeting you next week!
Check your mail :-)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home