Monday, February 13, 2006

Our First Valentine's Day

It seems like yesterday that David and I came to really love one another. We had our first date on Halloween in 1989. We then had one date a month, either with his friends or my friends, for the next four months.

My closest girl friend and I had liked the same fellow (I had my eye on a few fellas at the time;-D). As soon as I found out that she liked him, I turned my attentions towards David; sure am glad that I did!

By Valentine's day 1990, Dave and I had been on 3-4 dates, but I wasn't sure if he really liked me. My friend had hung out with her guy alot too. We were both in the same situation.

In the Fine Arts Building(FAB), there was music, drama and art. Suprisingly enough, the DRAMA department was selling sing valentines as a fund raiser. Hmmm, you would have thought that the CHOIR would have been doing that instead, but I digress...

She and I bought singing valentines for our prospective "fellas", anonymously of course... I can't remember the song she got for "A". The song I chose for Dave was "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". I think that my cheeks were more red than the hearts on my shirt.

We went to the Valentine's dance together that night and two nights later we went to the college production of "Steel Magnolias". That night Dave asked me to be his girl and I said yes. By the next month we were engaged and married by that December.

Seriously, that was the best year of my life up to that point and is one of the favourite times of my life as well.

So, do you have any Valentine's Day memories you'd like to share?

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Great story!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

No great stories to tell. (YET!) Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

10:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks for the inspiration Dave!

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home