Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Thinking About:

Dave & I are thinking about seeing "Brokeback Mountain". Not that we are "so forward" in our thinking or trying to prove that we are "so open-minded", but it sounds like there is more to it than just a one dimensional story. I've seen a few shows with the actors talking about the film. It sounds pretty good.

If Dave & I could get through "Eyes Wide Shut" we can see anything. Well frankly, "Clockwork Orange" was harder to watch, as a woman. Too many rape scenes. Couldn't take it. I don't care if it IS a classic, there are certain things that people should not HAVE to watch. Anyhoo, that's why self-censorship is a wonderful thing. :-D

5 Comments:

Blogger P-Ratt said...

If you see it, no matter what you are seeing it for, you'll be supporting the film anyway. But seriously, I can figure out most of the "dimensions" of the film since I got to see a 5 minutes trailer about it. I already have my opinions about everything so seeing some actor play it out isn't going to sway my mind. It's just not something that needs to be a part of my life.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

I long for the day when seeing a "gay" movie will no longer be considered forward thinking, merely "just another movie." :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

Eyes Wide Shut gave me a headache.

We have decided to see Pride and Prejudice instead. I've been wanting to see it since I read the book.

We might even make a date out of it! :-D

12:23 PM  
Blogger darl said...

Ughhhh. . couldn't stand Eyes Wide Shut. Told my girlfriend it was like paying someone to punch you in the face for three hours.

5:39 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I am with Mollo on this one...I Just can't do it!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home