Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's Been A While

Everytime I hear those words a song pops in my head, but it has indeed been a while since I've posted. It feels like 3 weeks when really it's only been 5 days. I sort of feel like I've run out of things to say. I don't know. Maybe I 'm just hanging on to my thoughts and am trying to see how long I can go without my mouth opening and everything tumbling forth from my lips...

We went to see a movie this past weekend; Walk the Line. It was really good. I learned quite a few things that I didn't know going in. It also brought up alot of emotions in me about my sisters' drug abuse; that threw me for a loop.

I've been on the edge of a tiny breakdown for some time now and it all came to a head this past weekend. I've been having a spiritual crisis and everything came spilling out, of all places, at church. I barely got through the first service. As usual, choir was singing. I got to church late for before service practice; by the time the pastors got through the readings, I was crying almost hard enough to make some major noise. I sang the song and beat feet outta there only to be tracked down by a close friend to tell me that my son was sitting in the back row by himself. He had spent the night at the pil's, so I was on my way to pick him and his dad up so we could all go to Sunday School. Papa dropped him off at church with me, but I wasn't in on the plan. Everything turned out ok, so no harm done. And Owen was really good and quiet sitting in church all by himself.

My friend followed the boy and me out into the gathering area and asked me if I was ok. I told her that I didn't know & I felt like I was going crazy. She asked if it was the boy & I told her that it was just me. She understood. I went to pick up Dave & told him everything. I've been holding on to such horrible feelings and have been over whelmed for such a long time that it all just flowed out. I guess this was a way for me to finally let go of all the crap that has been building up. I do feel better now. Heck, I've been on top of the dishes everyday this week, so I MUST be feeling better!! Now, if only I could get the laundry under control...

I was able to get myself together in time to teach the kids their song for Feb 5th. They are singing for the church that day. The rest of the day went pretty well. I felt like a mountain had been lifted from my shoulders. I could sense the prayers of my choir family. They really bring much comfort to me without saying a word.

This week I filled out the paper work to get Owen in the Vanguard program for HISD. This is a program, for those who don't know, for really smart kids. I have another friend who recommened me to do this for him. She told me that he's so smart that if I don't put him in a school that will challenge him, he will become a discipline problem. We are already seeing a bit of this at his pre-school. He already knows all the stuff that they are trying to teach and since he's reading, he's way ahead of the other kids. So, the boy is bored and is trying to find things tro do to occupy his time and mind, hence the "discipline problem"...

Hopefully, I will hear something soon from the school. Please send prayers or positive thoughts our way. We could use them. Thanks for your indulgence and your patience. Much love and affection to you all. m.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Yep. The acting was phenominal. Jaquin Pheonix completely transended time and space to become Johnny Cash. Reese was pretty fantastic too & the music was wonderful.

2:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

Would love to see that movie. Hoping you get great news about the school!

9:39 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. :-)

1:23 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Sometimes life is very difficult, prayer is the only thing that works!

Good luck with Owens schooling and keep us posted.

I really want to see this movie, heard that they both did their own singing :O)
We will remember you and Owen in our prayers.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home