Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wow! I Actually Made It to 300

Who would have thunk that I would have 300 things to write about? Not me, that's for sure!

Now, I must give credit where it is due. Eventhough the sil haven't talked in months, she did get me started in reading blogs. I bearly knew what they were and had no idea how popular this medium of expression was. Of course, it was the hubby that said I should start my own blog. And well, D being the smart guy that he is, I took his suggestion and ran with it.

I mostly started this blog to get things off of my chest. I made a few mistakes a long the way. The first one was giving my url out to me friends and family. Really, I didn't think that anyone other than family and friends would read my blog, after all, who am I to think that others would be interested in ANYTHING that I have to say. The next one was letting other people dictate what is on my blog. If I've said it once, I've said it at least three times: if you don't like reading what is on this blog, then don't. (I wanted to find the post that said that, but I couldn't find it to link. Blast! ) I'm done trying to please others because it just can not be done.

I must say that I was pleasantly suprised at what I did find when I started to seek out other bloggers. I started this journey back in April of 2005. I was deeply depressed and angry; looking for a way to get my emotions out and still get to keep a roof over my head. I did this as much for my family as I did for myself.

A really neat thing happened along the way, I met some really fantastic, loving, generous and kind people, who today I am proud to call my friends. Who would have thought that the people I most enjoy spending time with would live in other counties, in different countries and around the world on other continents besides the one I live on? Blogging has afforded me the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and many different circumstances.

Many people who "know" me in real life don't understand the whole "blogging" thing. They think that it's a bunch of housewives that have too much time on their hands and are bored, so they sit on the computer all day and gossip. Certainly, this activity can be found on the blogosphere, but that's not what I've been up to. At least I hope that's not what I have been up to.

There are some posts that I am so proud to have written such as posts about the Right Wing and Harry Potter, Ode to a Sweet Kitty, On A Serious Note, and some of the posts that I've written about how God has changed my life and how I struggle on a daily basis. Not being perfect, I tend to struggle quite a bit. Also, I had written several posts on how or why God wants us to spread the good news.

I have found a sort of balance on the blog, I think. Of course lately, I've been really busy with the little baby I keep and the boy being in school. I don't have as much time to write as I would prefer, so I try to fit it in as I can. I did manage to put in a few fun things along the way, such as this, this, this and that.

So anyway, this is just a sampling of what I've been up to for the last 300 posts. If you all keep reading, I'll keep writing. Please don't be strangers, just strange ;-).

Much love AND affection to you all!!! mhnforshort.

6 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Happy 300th Post Blogiversary Mhn!
YOU were the first person to comment on my blog, I was ecstatic!

Hats off to ya! CONGRATS!! :O)

7:59 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Tammy! It's been a very eye opening and rewarding journey. I feel like I've gotten back a part of me that I thought was lost and gone forever. That is what blogging has done for me. :-)

8:31 AM  
Blogger David said...

Nice! 300 posts is a great feat! Keep writing them, I will keep stopping by :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Dave. Back at ya Babe!

12:19 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks!

When i was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around my nech 3 times & my head was black. The doc pulled me out by my right arm(thank God, not by my head) and he pulled most of the muscles and nerves away from the spinal cord. I have 80% paralysis in my right arm.

I hope you cold gets better quickly. :-)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

happy 300 M! :-)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home