Thursday, April 06, 2006

Holy Bajeezus!

Ok. So I got my car back on Monday, Tuesday morning it flaked out on me AGAIN! They've had the car forever and can't figure out what is causing the problem. At least my extended warrenty covered a rental car. I'm grateful to have the car, but all they had were gas guzzlers. I put $20 in that car and it only filled it half way up. I tell ya, I won't be buying a Ford Taurus anytime soon.

Yesterday was our first real practice. Disaster, I tell you, it was a disaster! When we got to the field, all of the practice fields were taken. We stood around for about 12 minutes trying to figure out a place to go. We ended up in western BFE, good thing I bought extra cones the night before. With kids, If you don't have their attention those first ten minutes, you might as well go home.

We did run a few drills and then had a scrimmage against each other. Now that I have a full team(8), we were able to play four on four just like a real game. They did pretty well and there are a few dads that actually PLAY soccer, so they were able to teach the finer points. We have one boy on the team who really seems to know what he is doing. He handles the ball really well and had good footwork. One of our girls is particularly talented too. Her mom is my assistant coach and she was pleasantly suprised as well.

Last night they received their uniforms. Our colors are Lime Green and Navy. The kids looked so cute with the shirts on! They were so excited. We lined them up smallest to largest and I had each child tell me what number was on the back of the shirt and that was their number and all the parents and kids cheered for each player. It was a great moment really. The kids were really happy and that's the whole point of this fun, fair, positive soccer, that the customers(the kids) are happy. I may not be great at soccer, but I know how to make kids happy. If the kids are happy, then the parents will be happy.

Our first game is Saturday morning at 10:30 am. We will be meeting at 9:30 at a nearby grocery store parking lot to decorate our vehicles and all travel to the park together, honking our horns all the way in a little "make-shift" parade. The kids will love it. :-) I can't wait to see all the happy, smiling faces when they all have their shirts on. It will be even better when we have our team name "Tigers" on the shirts.

I told them when they got their shirts that when we play our game they'll want to pass the ball to the kids that have the same shirt as they do. I'll need to get some lime green balloons to put on the goal, so the little ones will know which goal to kick the ball into. "Go kick the ball to the green balloon!" "Great shot!" I can't wait! :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Working with children, the rewards are endless!

I know that Owen is real proud of him Momma :O)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home