Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's a Mystery...

Ok, so I was looking around on classmates.com the other day and had noticed how many people from my hometown, population 17,458 or so still live there. It's a small town with not much to offer. Heck, I got out of there as quickly as possible. I still have a few friends that live there and wonder why they came back. The last two years that I lived in my hometown, I was never IN my hometown.

So I'm just curious, why would anyone want to live in a small town where there is basically nothing to do, and more crime per capita than the fourth largest city in the nation??? It's a mystery to me...

4 Comments:

Blogger darl said...

Having lived in Hockley for a while, I am just as baffled. hehe((

Happy belated Birtday! Looks like it was a good one.

9:31 PM  
Blogger M said...

Sure was!

6:28 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

I moved back to the small town I was brought up in (pop. approx 5000). You know, I never thought I'd end up back here but I really do love it (for the most part). It's a great place to raise my kids and I probably make more money here than I ever would in the big city.

1:23 PM  
Blogger M said...

That's fantastic. I never thought that anyone could make decent money in a small town. I sit corrected. :-) How are things going these days?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home