Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Oh Geezie, Peezie...

Am I ever going to catch up on my sleep or is that an urban legend that you can actually "catch-up" on sleep?

Lately, as in the last few months, I have yet to fall asleep any earlier than 11pm and I wake (more likely shove myself out of bed) at 7am, put my work out clothes on and wait for the baby to get here. Of course while I'm waiting, I run around the house to do last minute pick ups that didn't get done before we went to bed.

Eventhough I have lots of energy from the weight loss and excercise, I still feel like I could take a nap everyday. I don't get one, of course; but the tired feeling is still there. As soon as I hit the pillow, my eyes are wide open, no matter how tired I am when I hed off the beddie-bye.

I usually read for an hour or two then try to go to sleep. Perhaps my mind is too busy to rest. Whatever it is, it's killing me. I feel like I could sleep in for a month and it would only make a small dent in the fatigue.

Is it just me or are y'all feeling this way too?

4 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

I think it is the heat! I suffer from insomnia, I usually do not fall asleep before 1 am during the summer...sometimes 2 or 3 YUCK! And most days I get up at 7am and drag butt the rest of the day! EGADS!

With all the walking you are doing you are probably revved up :O)

4:35 PM  
Blogger M said...

You poor thing. I'd be a bear if I only got that little sleep.

I bet that you are right, I'm probably all surged with energy.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I am never asleep before 1:30 am. Oftimes I am awake at 5:30am and get a couple hours of doze time. I think that my depression plays into it though.

2:06 PM  
Blogger M said...

Are you on any meds for your depression? I used Paxil CR and it helped to get me back on track chemically.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home