Monday, June 26, 2006

Ho Ho!

Well, I feel pretty accomplished so far today. It all started Saturday. We (the hubby, the boy & the mil) went to Wal-Mart to pick up some essentials. One of the major things on the list (I always shop with a list) was a shower head attachment for our hand held shower.

The attachment has had a crack in it for months and I've used my hair clips to hold it up. The clips did an okay job, but periodically they would break and the whole shower head would fall on me. Not fun. I had had enough, so we spent a whole $5 on the assembly and Teflon tape.


When we got home I read the directions and disassembled and re-assembled the whole thing. Now my water pressure is better too. The process took five minutes. I don't know why we held off for so long. I would have had the hubby do this for me, but he was out in the garage making a light bulb outlet into an electrical outlet so that we can put up some fluorescent lighting in the garage. Perhaps now we will be able to see better out there...


Yesterday we went to the old home town and visited with a close friend of mine. We traded clothes from our closets and our families had a nice lunch and visit. Then we saw my eldest sister and niece for a bit. She has nine hound dog puppies. The are really cute and unusual looking. A few of them have stripes & two look like they were dressed up in camoflouge. Same colours and everything. Pretty cute.


Last night was the start of Vacation Bible School at our church. It's always loads of fun. :-)


This morning, I went through the clothes and found a shirt for me and one for the mil. The rest is going to CCSC along with a bag of maternity clothes leftover from my pregnancy with the boy. I hope that someone can use them. :-)


It's nice to get the extra stuff out of the house. Sometimes, I feel like I'm drowning in crap. It's not junky stuff, just things we don't use anymore and haven't gone through. My next big project is to go through the boys baby toys. That will take some time because I'm going to clean out his closet as well so his toys can live in there instead of 'out-in-the-open'. Wish me luck!


I walked my three miles, fed the boys and am about to push through another load of laundry, take a shower and take the mil to a dr. appt. (check up) and drop off the stuff at CCSC. After that I should be done with busy stuff until dinnertime. Wooo Hooo! Lucky me! Actually, I am quite lucky and blessed. I know that not everyone can say the same.

God's blessings to you all! mhn for short.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Gives me an idea! I need to go through all of my stuff. I know my wife just gave a couple of bags of clothes to a church there at home, time for me to go thru my stuff as well I guess. I surely don't want to drown in crap!! LOL

8:31 AM  
Blogger M said...

Drowning in crap is a horrible way to live...


and die.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home