Monday, June 12, 2006

Clean Clothes at Last!!!

Clean clothes, clean towels, an empty(almost) closet; WOW I've been busy!

On Monday, the part for the washer came in and we had to wait until Thursday for the technician to replace the bad part with the new one. Thank heavens it worked!

Thursday at 12:30am the boy came in with ears hurting. The hubby took off of work to take him to the doc as I needed to be at home to watch the baby & wait for the repairman. Sure enough, the boy had a slight infection in both ears. He was so afraid that he wouldn't be able to be in the wedding, but I told him that he would be on the anti-biotics for a full 24 hour period, so he would be ok by the time of the wedding.

The repairman came in and fixed the machine. Boy was I HAPPY! The first load was towels, the next was casual clothes for the whole fam, then work clothes for the hubby. Now I'm just working on the pile. It's getting there.

I cleaned out my closet yesterday. I've lost 2 dress sizes by walking and am getting rid of my giant clothes. I never want to go back to that size again. If I don't have clothes to grow into, then I won't. I'm passing them to a friend and the ones she doesn't want/need she can give them to the Red Cross or some other charity. I can't believe how nice it is to have my clothes take up less than half of the closet. I also cleaned out two trunks and my drawers as well. Now, I actually have room for my clean clothes. Three bags and counting. Of course, one bag was my maternity clothing. That bag is going to a shelter or CCSC.

I was also pleased to discover that I have enough clothes that fit (not all new) that I won't have to go on a shopping spree. Yea! Trying to save money over here.

Now as I wash the clothes, I'm going through them and setting aside all the big clothes for charity and putting away the rest. Pretty soon I'll be able to shop in the skinny chick section. It's almost too bad because I really like the clothes at Lane Bryant, domage...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

yay for your repairs and a big yay for losing sizes! That's always a happy thing. Can't say the same here, but I've kinda given up on myself. :(

Anyway, it's nice to have room to spare in the closets....I would enjoy treating myself ot a new outfit.

10:26 AM  
Blogger garfer said...

You sound like you enjoy laundry.

Can I send you mine? As long as you send it back nicely ironed and folded I'll contribute some old socks to a charity of your choice.

I'm big like that.

1:46 PM  
Blogger M said...

I actually don't mind doing laundry, but I do mind doing laundry at my house because the washer and dryer are in the garage. It's hot as blazes in the summer and freezing ass cold in the winter.

What I like about it is when it is finished and all put away. Of course, I haven't been totally caught up on laundry in years over here. That's what is driving me batty! We just have too many clothes and part of that is my fault. I don't go through the closet as much as I should and weed out the old clothes. Some of the clothes I gave away were almost 10 years old. Still in good shape and fashionable mind you, but been around too long.

1:57 PM  
Blogger M said...

I had ear infections constantly as a kid too. My right ear drum burst 9 times and my left 8 by the time I was 17. I've had a few since I've been married, but I have only had an ear drum burst once since 1990.

Don't give up Ro. If I can do it, then anyone can! :-) Thanks.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home