Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ahhh, Saturday Morning Activities...

Ok, so here we are on a lovely Saturday morning. Things I SHOULD be doing:
Paying the bills (YIKES!)
Doing the dishes(oh wait, the hubby already did those, Yippee!)
Doing laundry (can't, washer still not operational. Blast those people at SEARS!)
Cleaning house (Are you kidding? Why would I want to do something as mundane as cleaning the house????)

So, what AM I doing besides blogging this fine day in Hurricane season? I am getting ready to make the Pre-Service Music for our Pastors' Daughters' wedding. She has picked out some really lovely songs. We will be playing the four most popular movements from each of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Happy Ending from the Little Mermaid soundtrack, Wedding Cantata #6 from Bach (We are Lutherans, we have to have Bach SOMEWHERE in the music...), and of course Air on the G by Bach and various other beautiful compositions that are usually associated with wedding music.

I'm also working on my 5th solo for the shindig, Butterfly Kisses. She wants me to sing it when she and her dad have their dance. It's going to be sweet, although since it was written for a man, I'm not really sure if I should sing it in my female range or if I should sing it in my lower chest voice. I've got to get the hubby to sit still long enough so he can listen to it both ways and in both keys, so he can tell me which sounds better. It's really nice to have a person who will tell you the truth and not just say, "Oh, they both sound great..." I've got all of the other solos down pretty well cold, so they just need a little polishing.

I'm also going to have my hair done. I'm pretty excited since I don't do this very often. The last time I paid someone to put my hair up was in 1999. I didn't want to spend the $50 bucks to have it done (trying to save money here.), but the hubby decided after trying to help me do my hair that in order to save our marriage, we should spend the $50 bucks and have someone else do my hair. He was right of course. I am WAY TOO PICKY about my hair and like to have it "just so" for special occaisions. I'm picky about it for everyday, too.

Anyway, with hair, make up and clothes; I'll look very nice, almost as good as I hope to sound. I'll have to get the hubby to take a picture of me "all-decked-out", so you guys can see that I can clean up well. ;-)

I better get movin'; burnin' daylight!!

5 Comments:

Blogger serendipity said...

How did it go? Was your hair ok?

10:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

It's this evening @7pm. We had the rehearsal last night and for my part all went well.

A friend of the bride was in an auto accident and won't be able to attend, so she's pretty worried about him, although I don't think that he was injured.

The wedding is going to be by candlelight, so I'm looking forward to seeing the church like that. I'll have to get the hubby to take some pictures.

Yours is coming up pretty soon. I'll be praying that all goes smoothly for you. :-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jacob Spradlin said...

Hope everything turned out! I'm sure you sounded wonderful. This Saturday the group I sing with is singing as part of a chruch reach out program at a local prison unit (5 songs) then we will do 3 songs at both of the services at my church on Sunday. I am already as nervice as I can be about singing in a prison, but it will be one heck of an experience. I'll try not to dress like Johnny Cash *grin*

8:34 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Jake! It did go well. I'll post about it later.

"You goin' to a funeral???" ;-)

God's Blessings on your gig!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jacob Spradlin said...

for those of us who can spell nervice is spelled nervous...man I need to just go back to sleep and call it a day. *grin*

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home